Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
jetting help (Read 948 times)
odvelasc
Ex Member

Re: jetting help
Reply #60 - 06/15/09 at 17:50:33

I was running rich at idle and boy did it kill my gas. I jetted up to a 170 main on my VM carb and did not adjust the air mixture screw at all (oopsies lol). Wow was my bike running awesome, then on a small jaunt downtown it started to bog down as I opened throttle just a tad. I was blowing black smoke. Pulled over and did a total of about 1/4 turn to lean on the air mixture and dialed my dial a jet down to leanest setting. Saved my plug from fouling. I was still getting a crackle on hard decel when in 5th at highways speeds. I get it a tad louder now. So, I am gonna rejet my dial a jet (which serves as the main) up two spots to the middle. I think it should fix things and give me back my top end. I have my needle set to the middle position and with the 170 main I am not getting pops when up shifting at about 1/2 throttle like a used to and I have great mid range response now. Hot diggity dog its frustrating jetting carbs. But it is sooooooooooooo rewarding when you get that bike running happy and you get a smile on your face as your bike improves in performance.

Cool

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 14:00:41

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › jetting help

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.