Fork brace (Read 1649 times)
88pagan

God is just an
imaginary friend for
adults..

Norco, California
Fork brace
01/18/09 at 16:28:03

Does anyone know where to get a fork brace for a better price than the dealers site? I'm looking at the superbrace site and it's-- $155+25 if you go with the fork protectors (anyone know about these?) +25 to get it black. Also, is there another brand brace anyone would suggest? Thanks for your help like always folks.

96 Bobber - Screamin Eagle, header wrap, K+N cone filter, jetted, straight bar w/1.5" risers, solo seat, Ed. L fwd ctrls, custom rear fender, TKat, Metallic charcoal and polished all over.
  IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Re: Fork brace
Reply #1 - 01/18/09 at 16:46:33

Check out this site.
Tkat [tkat@tkat.com]

I don't have one yet, but from reccomendations they are good. Tkat quoted me $97 fob Calgary, which is a pretty darm good price.

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
88pagan

God is just an
imaginary friend for
adults..

Norco, California
Reply #2 - 01/18/09 at 16:49:30

Hmm that sounds like a good price. I looked at that site but assumed they were yamaha specific. Thanks man

96 Bobber - Screamin Eagle, header wrap, K+N cone filter, jetted, straight bar w/1.5" risers, solo seat, Ed. L fwd ctrls, custom rear fender, TKat, Metallic charcoal and polished all over.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 01/18/09 at 18:22:56

Tkat is what I got.

Email 'em, he does them in batches, so you may have to wait.

WWW   IP Logged
savagedml

Paid Alliance
Membership (07/09)

Portsmouth, VA
Reply #4 - 01/18/09 at 18:40:01

Try:

https://www.onestopmoto.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SBSB-S12-AMA3335

This (143.74 US) was within a few dollars of the cheapest on the net. I went through AMAZON.com and got an additional $30.00 US off by just applying for their "Instant" credit card online. When the bill comes for $113.00 (plus 8.76 S&H), I'll just pay it off.  I put mine on last night so I haven't been able to try it out yet. Keep me posted on how it works out for you.

Paid Alliance Membership (07/09)
"Let's roll!"
WWW funluvncareertech   IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #5 - 01/19/09 at 06:25:36

Well the add says LS-650, 84 thru 04. Will it fit newer bikes?

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #6 - 01/19/09 at 06:36:12

I have an 06 and its the same stock number 3335 and it works

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
klx650sm2002
Serious Thumper

The more I learn the
less I know.

Cumbria,England
Reply #7 - 01/20/09 at 00:00:47

I got this secondhand for about £25.

Clive W Smiley

IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #8 - 01/20/09 at 12:41:39

verslagen1 wrote on 01/18/09 at 18:22:56:
Tkat is what I got.

Email 'em, he does them in batches, so you may have to wait.

I e-mailed Tkat and he said he has them ready to ship... I might go that route... Do you have a picture of his setup installed?

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #9 - 01/20/09 at 13:47:56

There's a side view in whale.  I'll have post one later.

Bobbert asked about it last weekend.

I told him that as I now have another bike w/o it, I can really tell the difference between the 2.  I went around a corner and felt like I was gonna fall off.

As far as looks go, it looks like it was factory issue.  The finish and color match exactly.  I aggonized about purchasing it cause of the finish.  The machined finish didn't seem to match the bike as it has polished chrome accents and thought that the polished superbrace would be better.  But not being able to find anything but the list price disapointed me.  So I went with the Tkat the next time it was available.  No regretts.

WWW   IP Logged
88pagan

God is just an
imaginary friend for
adults..

Norco, California
Reply #10 - 01/20/09 at 16:27:45

Thanks for the info Verslagen, I'm sending tkat some $ also. Someone should make a deal with these guys and get a discount, throw em in the Savage store haha

IP Logged
Dj12midnit
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

If you'r here and
I'm here isn't this
our time?

Lynden Wa.
Reply #11 - 01/20/09 at 18:21:53

what is the going price for the TKat

http://www.suzukiownersclub.net

2006 Progressive 412-4236C, Big Crank, TKat F\B, ME880 Rear.
  IP Logged
88pagan

God is just an
imaginary friend for
adults..

Norco, California
Reply #12 - 01/20/09 at 18:27:11

$90 domestic. $92 USD Caruck $97 USD international. That includes shipping. No plastic or paypal. Checks, cash money order blah blah blah are ok. Specify S40 or LS650. Include legible ship to address and send money to-

Tkat
1745 Grant St. Unit #5
Santa Clara, CA
95050-3936 USA

I don't know if I'm allowed to do that but there you go. Some free advertising for them and saves a lot of trouble and emails for all of us. Also..anyone live in Antarctica?? The first order he gets to there is free since that's the only  Continent he hasn't shipped to. How about someone there places the first order of 2 or 300 and hooks us all up?? LOL

IP Logged
gerald.hughes
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

FSO

Tucson, Az
Reply #13 - 01/20/09 at 19:15:31

I just put a TKat on my LS650, and I am very pleasantly surprised by how much it improves the handling.  The bike now corners like it is on rails.  It goes where you point it.

I was curious however, about the distinction between the S40 and the LS 650.  Does anyone know why this distinction is made?  I had assumed that the fork tubes would be the same.

IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #14 - 01/20/09 at 19:26:36

gerald.hughes wrote on 01/20/09 at 19:15:31:
I was curious however, about the distinction between the S40 and the LS 650.  Does anyone know why this distinction is made?  I had assumed that the fork tubes would be the same.

Because Suzuki is branding all their cruisers as "Boulevard".  Now you have to look real close to see where it actually says "Suzuki" on the bike!

As for the S-40, all the other Boulevards are B-something, and they've switched from cc's to cubic inches in the numbers so as not to confuse crossover Harley guys, I guess.  So, we have a Single of 40 cu in, I suppose the twins have the B designation so you know it has "Both" cylinders!   Grin

Oh yeah, I have the Superbrace on mine -- major handling improvement.  Now upgrade the shocks (I have Hagons) and see how the rear wheel likes it!

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 16:21:24

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Fork brace

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.