SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Re: Fork brace
Reply #30 - 01/24/09 at 05:16:55

TMack - Yea, yea! I'm sorry! I'll be there for this years ride though if someone is planning something. Smiley

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
88pagan

God is just an
imaginary friend for
adults..

Norco, California
Reply #31 - 01/29/09 at 05:54:59

My Tkat is en route...hope it has quick legs!  Grin

96 Bobber - Screamin Eagle, header wrap, K+N cone filter, jetted, straight bar w/1.5" risers, solo seat, Ed. L fwd ctrls, custom rear fender, TKat, Metallic charcoal and polished all over.
  IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #32 - 01/29/09 at 16:08:52

I'm hoping to order mine this coming pay check... I had almost 10 hours of extra time at work this pay, so that should cover the cost. :-P

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
savagedml

Paid Alliance
Membership (07/09)

Portsmouth, VA
Reply #33 - 02/01/09 at 14:34:24

I rode my bike with the Superbrace for the first time today. What a HUGE DIFFERENCE a fork brace makes! It eliminated the "wobbles" at  highway speeds, and rough road surfaces and grooves are barely noticeable now. It looks like Tkat owners are reporting the same kind of performance improvements. The bike responds now to the slightest handlebar movement. I'd like to think I'm going to be able to enjoy that responsiveness in June riding the Tail of the Dragon! Again for safety and performance a fork brace is a great investment!

Paid Alliance Membership (07/09)
"Let's roll!"
WWW funluvncareertech   IP Logged
88pagan

God is just an
imaginary friend for
adults..

Norco, California
Reply #34 - 02/03/09 at 18:42:43

Wow what a difference! I highly suggest this inexpensive, easy mod

96 Bobber - Screamin Eagle, header wrap, K+N cone filter, jetted, straight bar w/1.5" risers, solo seat, Ed. L fwd ctrls, custom rear fender, TKat, Metallic charcoal and polished all over.
  IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #35 - 02/07/09 at 07:28:35

Just sent a money order to Tkat for a fork brace. Looking forward to a stabler ride. Spring is Just around the corner.

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #36 - 02/07/09 at 12:26:46

Sent my check on Tuesday (2/3).    In his email, he said he had two left.  But....  I told him he was getting good reviews on the forum and he should keep at least 5 in stock.

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #37 - 02/07/09 at 13:24:14

inquired yesterday, says he's out.  must not like me.

WWW   IP Logged
88pagan

God is just an
imaginary friend for
adults..

Norco, California
Reply #38 - 02/07/09 at 21:52:45

Naw Verslagen..everyone likes you. Maybe he's getting overwhelmed lol. I told him I posted his info on the site and he should be expecting more orders. Btw for anyone wondering, they polish up real nice and easy. Was going to post before and after pix but I got too excited to shine em up, install em and try them out.  Grin

IP Logged
Puddle Pirate
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Long Island, NY
Reply #39 - 02/07/09 at 22:04:45

Hey Verslagen, did tkat say when he would have more available?

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #40 - 02/07/09 at 22:15:28

Dang, Vers, he didnt tell ME he was out. You been a bad boy?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #41 - 02/07/09 at 23:36:05

Well I did tell 'em I wanted sometin' different.

A lip to mount a fork boot to, just like what's on the xs fork brace

And he said he was going to make another run next month.

Well that's what he said before we got talkin' about a mod anyway.

WWW   IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #42 - 02/08/09 at 08:50:46

Tkat  told me he had 1 left, and has put my name on it. Perhaps a little marketing ploy? Anyway, he should have my money order on Monday. The recent posts would indicate he's gotten a bit busier than usual. And so he should be. He's got a quality product for a good price. I just waited till now to order since it will be at least a month or 2 before we can start riding up here. I'm really looking forward to riding with the fork brace installed.

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #43 - 02/08/09 at 09:48:45

Superbrace has fork protectors available. I suspect they could be had seperately. Drilling & tapping the T-Kat to take them would be no big deal, just make sure you use Tap Magic for Aluminum & reverse the tap often & go slow.
I put the S/brace on & yes, the black plastic protectors have to come off.

If the Inside Diameter of the braces had a ridge to fit the groove the protectors ride in, then they would grip tighter, but making that work out would be really tough. With the machining variations of the braces & the forks it would be possible for the brace to have a slightly taller ridge being clamped into a slightly shallower groove & wind up with the clamping forces being higher in the groove than on the rest of the forktubes. Might be a bad thing, possibly creating a crack.

Note, this isnt an indictment of anyones work. Production tollerances can just work out to create a situation that causes problems, like the rare event we see with the engines, sometimes the fattest piston alowable gets slipped into the smallest bore allowable. Tends to create a problem later on down the road.

Now, I am not a machinist or metalurgist, so maybe I am waaay off here. Someone with real knowledge & experience could pitch in here & Id appreciate it.

If I hadnt gotten this Superbrace so Right, pricewise, I would have gotten that T-Kat part. I like both of them, the Superbrace is so slick looking & the T-Kat is so Straight Up, No kidding, No Appologies, in your face. I like the tough look. It would "fit" the look of some bikes better than others. If I was dressing the Savage for a show, I'd want the S/brace, if I was building a bobber or allowing the bike to slowly morph into a Rat, Id sure want the T-Kat. No mods? No real agenda for the style? Id take either one, based on price. I dont understand why anyone would have a Savage & not have a brace, unless their riding style is just very, very laid back. The change in the feel & ride was as dramatic as putting new tires on, replacing some very worn out ones.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Puddle Pirate
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Long Island, NY
Reply #44 - 02/09/09 at 21:54:46

Received an e-mail from tkat today. Currently he is out of braces but expects to begin working on a new batch and have them sometime around 2/16.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 16:17:53

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Fork brace

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.