Send Topic Print
How much for insurance (Read 244 times)
cowspotter

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ashburn, VA
Re:  How much for insurance
Reply #15 - 10/23/08 at 12:39:26

I'm in Northern VA, 23 w/clean record, and full coverage for ~$400/yr w/o medpay. I probably am carrying too much liability because my agent just copied my auto policy terms. Perhaps once I reach that magical 25 year old level it'll be cheaper. Its still cheaper than my car. That's full coverage on an 07 Mazda3 for $520 per 6 months.

« Last Edit: 10/29/08 at 05:18:16 by cowspotter »  
  IP Logged
Rustbucket

Reply #16 - 10/24/08 at 17:26:47

blacksheep23 wrote on 10/23/08 at 11:54:18:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/22/08 at 23:54:13:
blacksheep23 wrote on 10/22/08 at 16:56:57:
$50/month for 12 mos full cover with allstate..It's too much!!

No Kiddin... Call Progressive, call anyone. but thats a total ripoff. I can get full coverage on a car for that. Just exactly how much damage can you DO with that scooter, innyway?

Imin GA 24 y/o 2 years riding experience.Clean MVA since I work at the fire dept. I tried calling progressive but they charged more than that. Any ideas where I shld go?

GEICO.. Full coverage $105/YR $500. deductible. Clean MVR and i got the 10% off for doing the MSF course.

IP Logged
Pabst 2006

Thump Thump KERPOW!

Rochester, NY
Reply #17 - 10/24/08 at 17:59:24

Progressive, 28yr old male clean driving history, rider's permit, @ Rochester NY, full coverage $220 per 12 mo.

2008 S40 - Red
  IP Logged
ALittlebird

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Louisville, KY
Reply #18 - 10/29/08 at 02:41:48

State Farm has me at $37 a month. Liability is terrible and I haven't ridden a year yet. Clean record with the car means nothing. After 5 years it will drop dramatically. But oddly enough no discount for the MSF course.

I checked Progressive with the same thing and it was more. It would also be cheaper if I left Kentucky. And I'm working on that.

IP Logged
odvelasc
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 10/29/08 at 05:16:11

1500 a year with kingsway, I am 26 and just started riding in April and not tickets ever in my life. Statefarm which is supposed to be the cheapest in Ontario, Canada quoted me at 2000$ for a Victory Kingpin and about 1200$ for my savage. The kicker with kingsway is that I have to pay everything up front within the first 3 months of my policy beginning. State farm said that they are raising premiums in April when the new season begings. Maybe I will try another broker. Insurance in this province is a flippin' Mafia.

IP Logged
savage2k
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 10/29/08 at 05:42:01

Odvelask:

It's just as bad here in New Brunswick. I pay over $700 for 12 months, for just PLPD.( You cannot get 6 months here, even though we ride only 5-6 months!.....Another way to rip us off)  If I were to get complete coverage it would be double that. If I hadn't had my car with this company for years, it would be well over a grand for just PLPD . And this is the CHEAPEST quote I received!

Like you, I have to pay it within 3-4 months, being half up front and monthly payments ( with interest) for the rest. I have only had one speeding ticket in my life, which was years ago, and NO accidents or claims EVER. So much for the regulated insurance they supposedly put in place years ago. I guess the  government must have ditched that also, without telling us. That's about as brilliant as the regulated gas prices they claim benefits us, when we paid $1.45 a litre in July.

How the heck these 18 year old kids on the crotch rockets can afford insurance, is beyond me. They must be paying well over 2 grand, just for the basics. I am 43 years old, and a proven responsible driver.
We drive a Savage for heavens sake. Least likely bike to be stolen, and second least likely to be in an accident. ( If memory serves)

IP Logged
daweise1

Old school, new
school, I cheated in
both.....

Pataskala (Cols.) Ohio
Reply #21 - 10/29/08 at 12:06:26

Holy Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wrecked my first bike 3 months after buying it, and it was a Bimmer that came to a $9k write off.....

AND I STILL pay $9.61 a month for liabiltiy, $13.75 for full coverage that allows me to take out a Ferrari if I want......... The thought has crossed my mind more than once so I like to be prepared....

Oh, yeah, State Farm, has 2 cars and house under the policy with the Savage, all in Columbus, Oh.....

Dyna SE II Black muffler, HD Touring tank(6gals), Pingel petcock, HD Heel rest, Custom handlebars(Rock Chops), Adjure Flamed Headlight with spotlights, HD Flamed Signals, Oldys Gangster Fenders, Paint
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/14/24 at 02:21:51

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › How much for insurance

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.