Send Topic Print
Cruising to tunes (Read 328 times)
Kirk

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Atlanta, GA
Re: Cruising to tunes
Reply #15 - 08/26/08 at 05:52:22

Thanks for the insight everyone. I got some great ideas from this thread and will give a couple of them a try to see what works best for me. Thanks for the links too Jack

IP Logged
Rogue_Cheddar
Serious Thumper

Hang up the phone
and drive!

Haverhill, Massachusetts
Reply #16 - 08/26/08 at 09:51:24

The only tunes I listen to, are from my 30" fishtail muffler!
BBBRRRRAAAAAPPPPPPUUUUUURRRRRRRR!  Cheesy

'95 Red Savage. Oring grips and pegs, 30" Fishtail muffler,152.5 main, 1/3 spacer mod ,seat lift, Verslagy.
  IP Logged
aysrav
YaBB Newbies

Augusta, Georgia
Reply #17 - 08/26/08 at 15:24:58

I use Skull Candy too. They were cheap (like $12 at WalMart, I think) and they work well. They've got the little rubbery buds on the end so the quality is good even at higher speeds. Be careful with this because if you crank the tunes then you won't be able to hear the traffic.
Here's a pic of my iphone attachment. The Skull Candy headphones come with a cool little case so I've always got them with me. All I have to do is plug in. Also nice to always have GPS with me (built into iphone).
aysrav
http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/1376731/
http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/1376734/

IP Logged
Bugaboo
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Birmingham, Alabama
Reply #18 - 08/26/08 at 17:52:24

Hate to get preachy, but the reason it's illegal in many states to ride/drive with headphones on is because it's pretty unsafe, particularly on a bike.   If your attention is divided and you're compromising your ability to hear traffic noise, you're eventually gonna get run over.  Isn't being totally immersed in the riding experience, "separating your hazards in space and time", as they say in the MSF safety courses, part of what makes this fun? Tunes might pass the time on the Interstate, but I can't imagine listening to music on a two-laner or in city traffic.

IP Logged
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Reply #19 - 08/26/08 at 17:59:53

Well,you would think d#@$* cell phones then would be illegal in all states,not only are you listening but talking also Roll Eyes
(Can you see the steam coming out of my ears....LOL.

(Just screamed twice,now I feel much better Wink

Actually I enjoyed listening to music when riding with the ex....I swear it made me more aware of everything around me Wink

2002 Suzuki Savage-Stock.Windshield,Saddle bags,Hwy Bars,Tank Bib.Custom Paint.
  IP Logged
Bugaboo
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Birmingham, Alabama
Reply #20 - 08/26/08 at 19:06:06

Good point. You're not going to kill anyone else by riding with earphones on, but you might be more likely to get squashed by someone in an SUV talking on a cell phone.

IP Logged
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Reply #21 - 08/26/08 at 19:14:29

Not exactly my point Wink

More of a self expression. Smiley

2002 Suzuki Savage-Stock.Windshield,Saddle bags,Hwy Bars,Tank Bib.Custom Paint.
  IP Logged
Bear_Rider

Reply #22 - 08/26/08 at 20:05:49

Bugaboo wrote on 08/26/08 at 17:52:24:
Hate to get preachy, but the reason it's illegal in many states to ride/drive with headphones on is because it's pretty unsafe, particularly on a bike.   If your attention is divided and you're compromising your ability to hear traffic noise, you're eventually gonna get run over.  Isn't being totally immersed in the riding experience, "separating your hazards in space and time", as they say in the MSF safety courses, part of what makes this fun? Tunes might pass the time on the Interstate, but I can't imagine listening to music on a two-laner or in city traffic.

That's why I had to quit listening to the lectures on archeology, philosophy, and history. The bike was too distracting.  Grin

IP Logged
doc5446

Into the night...

Randolph, Ohio
Reply #23 - 08/26/08 at 20:57:59

http://www.jcwhitney.com/CYCLE-SOUND-MP3-SATELLITE-SOUND-SYSTEM/GP_2018566_N_...
I was thinking of something like this but I want to put a portable Sirius satellite radio (kinda like an Ipod) on it. Love my Sirius radio esp. my Outlaw country...no fences, no badges, no stinkin' commercials!

K&N air filter, stage 1 jet set, SuperTrapp megaphone exhaust, solo seat w/ clothespin springs, stainless seatpan w/ fenderbib.1971 CB front fender and mirror.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 22:02:16

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Cruising to tunes

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.