youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Vapor Speedo/Tach
07/18/08 at 08:55:21

Starting new thread. - Stuff taken from Clock Thread - de-hijack thread
------------------------------------------------------------

Vapor Unit
Tach, Speedo (not moving! doh), Clock (yes.. it's early), Trip Meter (almost gas time).. and more.
Use to be a thread in here from when I installed it.. can't find it now.  Oh well.
Sorry about the fuzzy picture.
Not to be confused with the Veypor Unit.. totally different critter.
YouzGuyz,
  How is the Vapor working???????

The reason the install went away is because it was in the Cafe.  That's a 3 month lifespan.   Maybe you could find your pictures and post in the Tech section.  

T. Mack
................................................................................
The Vapor is still working fine.   I now have my cell phone holder mounted on top of the old speedo.  Never look there at all anymore.

Mods maybe not mentioned before.
Sun shield for it out of black plastic plates for easier viewing.
LED lights for turn signal indicators (bulbs just not bright enough in daylight)
Screen protector. it (one of those that are made for phones and games and such).

The air temp isn't accurate at all.  Probably has the sensor in the case.  Sun hits case, case heats up, and I've seen it as high as 130.
Never did a hookup for the engine temp, couldn't see a reason.

Bummer that the thread is gone.  If anyone else gets one and needs info, they can let me know and I'll help out as I can.
................................................................................
flcruzr
I just checked the Vapor website and I see some have Suzuki sv650 or dr650, which one would work with our bikes or does this matter at all?  These computers look very cool.
The computer is always the same.  The difference is in the kits, which contain specific leads and sensors for specific bikes.  As you noticed, there is no specific LS650 kit.
I bought mine used off ebay.  I had to modify the tach lead by putting a 600k ohm resistor in it.  I used the speed sensor that came with the bike speedo that I used before, and just spliced it in.
flcruzr
thanks youzguyz, I will consider this unit, does the tach work on our bikes, is it a complicated installation?

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Re: Vapor Speedo/Tach
Reply #1 - 07/18/08 at 08:59:17

The tach lead (get the one with the resistor) hooks to the Black/Yellow wire at the coil.  (Under the gas tank, left side, towards front)

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
flcruzr
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/18/08 at 09:03:12

Thanks, i'm going to add this to my wishlist.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #3 - 07/18/08 at 12:10:48

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
toddlamp8

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #4 - 07/18/08 at 12:20:01

Wow, I like the looks of that so much better than the Veypor.

IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #5 - 07/18/08 at 12:31:33

Yea, I found one when I was searching for tach's on eBay.   I posted it in the Cafe and for Youzguyz, the rest is histroy.

Still hesitant on going to the chian drive mod.  If I did, this would be the one.  

Found a different tach so I would need a reason ....

YouzGuyz is our guinea pig...   Grin

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #6 - 07/18/08 at 12:43:12

T Mack,
I remembered that someone here put the message out that it was on ebay.. just didn't remember it was you.  I'm old.. what can I say?  Embarrassed
I rely on old threads for my memory.
The Vapor is one of my favorite mods (and I got a good deal on mine!  Wink )  Thanks!!

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/26/24 at 08:33:54

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Vapor Speedo/Tach

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.