Send Topic Print
New bike models? (Read 142 times)
joeh100

http://www.livevideo
.com/joeh100

Cent. Alabama
New bike models?
07/17/08 at 20:20:06

When do the new bike models come out?  I would be interested to know what changes Suzuki is making to the S40 this year.  You never know what they will do... Think about all the changes in the past:  Handlebars, the name, blacked out cylinder.  What will they do this year!!! Smiley Smiley Smiley

OK... Actually I'm looking at another bike but curious to know when the new models will come out.

Watch my motorcycle videos at Live Video
http://www.livevideo.com/joeh100
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Re: New bike models?
Reply #1 - 07/18/08 at 00:29:49

Think some manufacturers roll out next year's line-up in late summer in the U.S. ... usually not 'til Jan./Feb. here in Kanuckistan ...

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Toymaker
Serious Thumper

Dragon Rider

Granite Falls, NC
Reply #2 - 07/18/08 at 04:00:43

Is that because there are kanuckistani's at the border? Smiley

Because I can!
  IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Reply #3 - 07/18/08 at 06:29:56

I don't know Suzuki's plans, but with the ever-increasing standards for exhaust emission control I suspect the S40's days are numbered. I doubt they'll put the effort into it required to fuel inject it, and I doubt carburetors can be made "clean" enough. It is also too easy (from the point of view of the EPA) to tamper with carburetors.

A recent article on Kawasaki's revamp of their 250 Ninja says only the US models are carbureted, the overseas models being fuel injected at an additional cost of about $500. If that price increase for fuel injection is accurate I think it spells the end for lots of lower-priced motorcycles.

Remember what happened to two-stroke motorcycles? They weren't made illegal as such, but it was impossible for them to meet emission requirements. That is happening with outboard motors, string trimmers, snowmobiles, and the list goes on.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
mornhm - FSO
Serious Thumper

HMMM

Reply #4 - 07/18/08 at 07:01:52

I think it depends on if they are doing a "roll out" of a new model, or just updating an existing model. I think new models tend to roll out mid to late summer with attendant hoopla, and updates just come through the dealer pipeline whenever.

IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #5 - 07/18/08 at 12:53:21

they have some 2009's on thier media site.

http://www.media.suzuki.com/mc/

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/29/24 at 01:46:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New bike models?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.