Send Topic Print
DAILY  HOT TIP (Read 18864 times)
MAYES
YaBB Newbies

The SAVAGE beast!!!

Ohio
Re: DAILY  HOT TIP
Reply #60 - 06/06/08 at 18:15:00

Don't Eat Yellow Snow......Never Trust a man named SLICK...  Well that's all I got right now.Stay Tuned for more Smartass tips once I think of somemore. Grin                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Cool

97 Savage stright pipe,One loud thumper.
  IP Logged
Brandon
YaBB Newbies

Wooo Hoo!! Did you
see that!!!

Montevallo, AL
Reply #61 - 06/09/08 at 19:52:30

Don't let your ex wife call you while your new gf is on the back of the bike, she will throw it out in the road while doing 60. not cool. not gf anymore either.

Representing the Savage Republic!!
bdsavage69   IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #62 - 06/09/08 at 22:01:34

Brandon wrote on 06/09/08 at 19:52:30:
Don't let your ex wife call you while your new gf is on the back of the bike, she will throw it out in the road while doing 60. not cool. not gf anymore either.

and you learned this how.....  

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Brandon
YaBB Newbies

Wooo Hoo!! Did you
see that!!!

Montevallo, AL
Reply #63 - 06/10/08 at 20:21:07

My ex was calling to notify me she had signed the paperwork to sell our old house and was mailing them back to me. The gf was mad because we didn't ride where she wanted to that particular time. Like confuciuos said "woman, she is fickle"

bdsavage69   IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #64 - 06/17/08 at 22:47:14

Brandon wrote on 06/10/08 at 20:21:07:
My ex was calling to notify me she had signed the paperwork to sell our old house and was mailing them back to me. The gf was mad because we didn't ride where she wanted to that particular time. Like confuciuos said "woman, she is fickle"

but fun to phuck Shocked.  hey confuciuos said it , i found it in a fortune cookie so don't kill the messenger.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
bike-fixer

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #65 - 07/08/08 at 16:48:12

Most of you probably know about using compressed air to remove an old set of hand grips.
Did you know that you can use compressed air to put the new set on?
Wrap a rag or plastic bag around the compressed air blow gun and insert it into the handlebar opposite the side you are putting the grip on. Then have someone trigger the air in short bursts as you push the grip onto the handle bar. Then switch ends and the grip you just put on has a small hole in it for the air nozzle. be sure to hold that grip in place as you work the other one on. The short bursts of air inflate the grip making it slide onto the bar with no lube or glue.

Bike Fixer

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #66 - 07/13/08 at 08:01:41

Quick jack for rear tire work.
Find a block that will go under the muffler bracket, even if the bike has to lean down more to the left  to get the bracket higher, then, lean the bike right & the tire comes off the ground, no jack required. Tie handlebars to something that wont move & now, you can pull the rear wheel.

Fixer, good tip on grips.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #67 - 07/31/08 at 09:59:04

Say you need to run a grinder on something but cant let it get too hot. The time of getting it out of the vise is too long, need to be able to lay the grinder down, grab the part & quench it. Stick vise grips in the vise, put the part in the vise-grips & get after it, set it so it doesnt take King Kong to make them let go.. then it only takes a couple of seconds to pop it out of the vise grips & dropped into the quench pot.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Brandon
YaBB Newbies

Wooo Hoo!! Did you
see that!!!

Montevallo, AL
Reply #68 - 08/05/08 at 21:07:20

Don't know if its been stated here or not, but for getting those stubborn nuts and bolts loose, AERO KROIL. Good stuff. look it up on the www.

bdsavage69   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #69 - 08/18/08 at 06:22:14

One of the reasons I was not happy to drain the oil when its hot is the hot oil dripping out & the hot oil plug. I grabbed a bootlace & wrapped around the thing as soon as I cracked it loose. Wrapped? Naah, not really, just laid it on it, no loop, , the string went , with right hand, holding the upper & short end, over the top of the plug, pulled back to the front & held in the left hand, pulled on the right hand & adjusted pressure with left hand, plug starts spinning & soon, is out, without a finger on it, without a drop of oil on me. Was it Hot?? Awww yea, it made the side of my makeshift drainpan sag!

IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Gaffers tape
Reply #70 - 08/19/08 at 08:08:20

An old photographers trick; Use gaffer tape in place of duct tape and electrical tape. Stays put, and easy to remove without leaving residue: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaffer_tape

FSO
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #71 - 08/19/08 at 10:55:07

Gaffer tape:  available thru Amazon.com, with free shipping, 3" x 60 yards for $16.  (I just put a roll into Mrs.Paladin's shopping cart.)

WWW   IP Logged
EssForty

Sunshine, Surf &
Suzuki

Melbourne, FL
DAILY  HOT TIP: Music Stand for Clymers Manual
Reply #72 - 09/01/08 at 10:27:07

I hate losing my place in the Clymers manual and also picking up the wrong wrench because my tools got scattered around while I was working. So I took a music stand and modified it to add a set of wrench hangers and some screwdriver holders.  Now my manual is at eye level ,next to the bike (Height is adjustable) and my wrenches and screwdrivers are as handy as if they were on a pegboard.  Never lose my page in the manual, and my  most commonly used tools are right below it, rather than on the seat, the garage floor, under my car...etc

Here's a couple pics including a detailed closeup of how I modified the stand to hold the wrenches. I've also posted more detailed info and high res pics on my blog: http://essforty.blogspot.com/

06 S40, Deuce shield, OEM saddlebags & Engine Guard, ENM tach, Sigma 1106 Speedo, oil pressure & voltage gauges, grip puppies, Kuryakyn Ellipse mirrors, ISO pegs & throttle boss
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #73 - 09/01/08 at 18:10:23

I think thats brilliant! I really like to see things used in ways never intended..

IP Logged
DJM

'06 Red S40

Encinitas CA
Reply #74 - 09/09/08 at 13:44:47

EssForty, That is a good idea. Do you have some kind of clip to keep it open to the right page? Maybe one of those cheap Home Despot spring clamps.

BTW, What I can see of your garage looks far too neat and clean, If you want, I can give you some tips on properly cluttering it up.

Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 04:13:23

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › DAILY  HOT TIP

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.