Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Poll Poll
Question: Would you be interested in a section for trikes & sidecars?

Make it a stand alone section.  
  0 (0%)
Add it to the modification area  
  1 (100%)

Total votes: 1
« Created by: easymoney on: 02/07/24 at 14:54:42 »

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 176
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41189 times)
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)
08/14/07 at 16:21:50

Just a simple thread for folks to introduce themselves.  However, if you have questions, please read the posting guidelines and either post your question in an existing topic on that subject or start a new thread in the appropriate forum.  Thanks and welcome to the site!

« Last Edit: 03/12/08 at 11:43:08 by Savage_Rob »  

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Montymouse
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Nebraska
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #1 - 08/15/07 at 10:55:15

So I started a thread to introduce myself before realizeing this one was here.  Sorry about that, I'll delete it if I can.  Embarrassed  I'll paste everything here and hopefully can delete the last post.

I did  actually in the age thread but I figured I'd do it out in the open.  I've been reading this board since the beginning of June and signed up for an account shortly after.  I bought my 2007 blue S40 on May 28th, first bike that I've owned, I've put 1100 miles on it already and still can't ride it enough.   I've gone on a couple longer rides with folks,  then felt brave enough to lead a group on a 110 mile breakfast run.  We had 15 bikes from sport bikes to HD's with little savage in the lead.  Grin  

Little bout myself,  I'm 36 from Houston, living in Nebraska now.  I don't post much because I don't like to talk about stuff I'm not an expert at.  keeps me from giving out the wrong info that way.  This is also the reason why I didn't introduce myself properly before either.  Still learning so I didn't want to stick my big head into the group but preferred to be the fly on the wall absorbing as much info about my bike as I could.

I haven't done any mods yet cause she's still under warranty but do plan on the seat lift, air fuel mixter and spacer mode as soon as my year is up.  

Finally i would like to say thanks to everyone on this board, I've learned massive amounts about my bike through your posts.

Motorcycle riders are few and far between, Harley Davidson riders are a dime a dozen. (seen on a helmet)
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #2 - 08/15/07 at 11:27:42

The age thread was one of the more common introduction points and no problem if done there.  Another was the thread to put your Savage on the map.  Anyway, welcome!

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Montymouse
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Nebraska
Reply #3 - 08/17/07 at 05:48:53

Thanks Savage_Rob for the welcome. This is a great site.

Motorcycle riders are few and far between, Harley Davidson riders are a dime a dozen. (seen on a helmet)
  IP Logged
BigWes
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 08/19/07 at 16:18:30

Im fairly new to this fourm. But its been alota help. My names is Wes and im a 21 year old student near San Fransico, Currently studying Administration of Justice. My dad and I got a savage to share over a month ageo and im the one who put all the miles on it so far. around 1500.(its summer vacation now so i got time) and iv never looked back. Its strange how motercycle riding willl change you

IP Logged
Moofed
Alliance Member

...and the engine
just gleams...

Bloomington, Indiana
Reply #5 - 08/21/07 at 18:50:42

Hi all!  Daniel here.  I just got my Savage today, but have been reading the forum for a while.  It's a 2002 with 980 miles, of which only 7 are mine so far.  Seems to be all stock parts plus a windshield.

Hopefully I won't need this community for mechanical help, but I'm glad it is here.  Smiley

WWW Moofed MoofedOne   IP Logged
Marilyn
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Albuquerque
Reply #6 - 08/27/07 at 19:14:02

This is my first post, so hi! I bought my first bike last month. I sat on a lot of different makes/models before coming across a used Savage in a Kawasaki dealership. Once I sat on it, I knew it was the bike for me. It just felt right. I bought an '06 with 150 miles on it and I love it. My husband has a 1500 Vulcan Classic. I'm very happy as his passenger, in fact we drove to Montana and back this past June on his, travelling 2400 miles. But I just got this inkling to try it myself. I've been out a half dozen times or so on the road, following Brian on his. It's so much fun! I'm looking forward to getting to know the people on this site, it seems like a great place to share ideas/problems/stories.

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Paladin
Reply #7 - 08/27/07 at 21:56:47

For those of you too young to have watched the original series, Paladin was the lead character of Have Gun - Will Travel.

When I got married, Wendy gave me a xxxx Stetson for Christmas.  I started wearing it to work, people started calling me Paladin.  No idea as to why:

I am in my 37th year with Pacific Telephone/AT&T:

For the last 20 years I have been in Official Company Services -- the part of the phone company that installs and maintains our internal phones, data circuits, LANs etc. -- jack of all trades, master of none.  I'm rather notorious for getting the job done, my joy is getting troubles that others have failed to correct.  When I stop having fun on the job I'll retire.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I started riding on a pedal bike.  A girl's bike.  I remember standing on the pedals unable to see over the handlebars.

WWW   IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #8 - 08/28/07 at 00:53:07

Grin Hi everyone! I live on the exact opposite corner of North America from our friend Paladin ... a small suburban town just outside of St. John's, Newfoundland Canada. In my mid-40's and been a Member here at Suzukisavage.com since 2003, when I replaced my 'lil '85 CMX250 Rebel with a brandy-new '03 LS650. Love it here at ss.com (best bunch of folk on the Net) and love my Savage ... and also had the great pleasure of meeting fellow Forum Member, Reelthing and his lovely wife when they visited St. John's last August!
Wouldn't mind up-grading to a VS800 or a XL883L one of these days, but no rush, I'm still having a great love affair with my Thumper!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
thumps
YaBB Newbies

Less Is More

Seattle, WA
Introducing Myself
Reply #9 - 08/28/07 at 09:57:30

I'm thumps.  I have an 06' S40 with a welded on sporty muffler, fork gaitors (WD's idea- they look like they're supposed to be there), Biltwell Keystone Z-bars (same height and width as stock drag-bars, so no cable mods were needed), $6 sporty grips, shrunken heads swingin', TKat fork brace, Spacer Jim's headlamp conversion block (VS800 Forum) with a 5 3/4" stretched JP Cycles blue lens headlamp...and I love it!!!

My philosophy with this bike is to add to its' aesthetics in a slightly non-invasive way, so that parts and modifications that I do add appear to be stock.  This is my first brand new motorcycle.  I am relieved with the reliability of this bike, and that the money I spend doesn't have to go towards JUST keeping it running (like the 1970 CL350 I sold).

Idunno, I may have to saw off those frame horns under the stock seat though, (to mount the La Rosa sprung seat I have on deck) we'll see.  I also have a ribbed antique Harley 7" X 16" rear fender to mount (bobb style with struts methinx).  I am also going to replace the sporty muffler with a custom straight pipe made out of two stock LS650 headers  welded together with a Biltwell ribbed tip.  Oh, and also a Lancer Jet Set...Peace and thanx for this web-site....I call this bike The Forty Inch Waste (some people ask my why I keep "wasting" money on it)... Embarrassed

« Last Edit: 01/09/08 at 07:54:08 by thumps »  
  IP Logged
bikerchickz
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 08/30/07 at 22:40:57

Glad to have found this forum.  I have a 2005 S40 and love it.  As a female rider it was a great starter bike and will always be a fine commuter.  I've tried to wrench a little on my own, but not much luck figuring out my problem.  I'll be reading frequently and posting questions when I can intelligently form them.

Happy to be here! 8)

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #11 - 08/31/07 at 11:15:42

bikerchickz wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
Glad to have found this forum.  I have a 2005 S40 and love it.  As a female rider it was a great starter bike and will always be a fine commuter.  I've tried to wrench a little on my own, but not much luck figuring out my problem.  I'll be reading frequently and posting questions when I can intelligently form them.

Happy to be here! 8)

Welcome Becky!  Check out the Tech Ref forum and look through the Table of Contents post for the major stuff.  The search function, while not all that intelligent, is capable of getting you a lot of good info with a few attempts.  Post in the RSD forum for anything specific to the LS650 and in The Cafe for anything else.  For buying/selling/trading LS650 stuff, we have The Marketplace.

Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #12 - 09/09/07 at 22:26:17

To improve my image and provide a more warm and friendly greeting to newcomers and newbies, I deleted my other post.  (Paladin shamed me into this)

So anyway, I just want to say "Hello", "Welcome", "Bienvenuto" and "Wilkommen" (that's as much as I know)...

I'm Savage Greg.  I'm an old fun-loving PITA that knows a good bit about bikes in general, and a bunch about the Savage in particular.  I'm also somewhat of a redneck, hard to the right conservative that doesn't like a lot of crap out of left wing liberals.  I also have a problem with Wannabes or various poser type bikers.  If you are just here to "learn to ride" and plan to "trade up later", I have no patience for you.  Don't talk to me.  Sell it now while it still has value.

I don't ever mind helping someone with a bike problem. Ever.  Really!  I love to share what I know, but if I do give help, I expect others to do their homework too.  I won't sp00n feed anything.  I ask questions and expect you to take the test.  You got a bike, but that's not my fault.  I'm not gonna hold your hand and don't ask me to repeat.  I hate that.  Get a manual before you ask me anything, too.  I'm not gonna fax you pages outta mine.

Oh, gee..."What about Me?"  I forgot.  In my previous life I serviced, repaired and programmed robotic textile machinery until all the business went south of the border.  I was also pretty proficient in computers and networking until I hit that "age barrier" and couldn't get an interview anymore.  (I'm not bitter, really!)

Anyway, after hurting my back doing the work "that American's aren't willing to do" I became semi-retired and started working on bikes for extra income.  Don't know why I didn't do this before.  I love it.  I've owned 12 bikes and can proudly state that I've crashed on each of them.  I also dabble in photography and would love to sell you one of my picture CD's (like you haven't seen the ad already)...I am also married (heterosexual type), I have a dog (neutered type), and I like to grow roses (thorny type)....

That about covers it...Welcome Aboard!  

(I was in the United States Navy once, too)

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #13 - 09/10/07 at 10:11:24

No way both your bikes are together at the same time!

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #14 - 09/10/07 at 10:35:26

Reelthing wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
No way both your bikes are together at the same time!

Yep.  Hell has froze over Tongue

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 176
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/25/24 at 05:33:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.