ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: DAILY  HOT TIP
Reply #210 - 04/29/12 at 18:34:29

Sunchasers wrote on 04/27/12 at 14:15:20:
kimchris1 wrote on 02/08/12 at 17:45:37:
I heard of men wearing panty hose before.
Had a vendor tell me he wore them while
deer hunting years ago. He also said his
friends wore them as well to keep themselves
warm..
Don't knock it till you try it.. Smiley kim

In High School, we wore panty hose under our football uniforms during those late season freezing playoff games in November.  Worked great!  Kept you warmer  and very flexible under the pads.  Wink

In keeping with the spirit... (although I wouldn't wear panty hose on my legs... just ain't man enough for that, I got longjohns)... I do carry a couple of panty legs in my tool bag, because if you buy something or get something, you can stuff it in a panty hose leg and tie it to the bars to bring it home.  They can really hold a lot!...

I also, have a pair of childs leg warmers (Dance kinda' things) made of wooly stuff, that I pull onto my arms in winter.  Blocks sleeve drafts real good...
$1.49 at the "Mostly" dollar store... Tongue...

Ahem!.. We're all still manly men here, right?... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #211 - 04/30/12 at 12:18:34

Serowbot wrote on 04/29/12 at 18:34:29:
Sunchasers wrote on 04/27/12 at 14:15:20:
kimchris1 wrote on 02/08/12 at 17:45:37:
I heard of men wearing panty hose before.
Had a vendor tell me he wore them while
deer hunting years ago. He also said his
friends wore them as well to keep themselves
warm..
Don't knock it till you try it.. Smiley kim

In High School, we wore panty hose under our football uniforms during those late season freezing playoff games in November.  Worked great!  Kept you warmer  and very flexible under the pads.  Wink

In keeping with the spirit... (although I wouldn't wear panty hose on my legs... just ain't man enough for that, I got longjohns)... I do carry a couple of panty legs in my tool bag, because if you buy something or get something, you can stuff it in a panty hose leg and tie it to the bars to bring it home.  They can really hold a lot!...

I also, have a pair of childs leg warmers (Dance kinda' things) made of wooly stuff, that I pull onto my arms in winter.  Blocks sleeve drafts real good...
$1.49 at the "Mostly" dollar store... Tongue...

Ahem!.. We're all still manly men here, right?... Huh...

I am confident in my manhood...make a point of reminding myself one way or another.   Cool

IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #212 - 04/30/12 at 14:35:22

If you ever use those special, cool-looking tamper resistent bolts.  Be sure to put the wrench where you can find it.  I think I am going to paint mine orange. Undecided

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #213 - 04/30/12 at 14:37:07

I worked with a man who could do a pullup with his middle fingers in a split shot chain repair link,, with me sitting on his feet & holding his legs,,I weighed about 130 then, & HE wore panty hose,, & Nooooobody said a thing,,

Ohh,, & without me, he could do it with his little fingers,,
& he could reach up & grab a brace on the rig floor, made of 4" drill pipe & start into a pullup, release one hand, continue up & finish with his body balanced at an angle over the bar with one elbow in his ribs.
He bought new gloves & cut them at the knuckles, if he didnt, when he closed his hand, they would tear up..

Its a good thing he was a sweet natured guy.,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #214 - 05/01/12 at 06:48:26

Had a gym teacher in HS that would intimidate us by doing one armed pushups with his feet on a bench using just his fingertips. He was NOT a sweet natured guy.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #215 - 05/08/12 at 12:11:31

Machinist's Workshop magazine tested penetrants for break out torque on rusted nuts.

They are below, as forwarded by an ex-student and professional machinist, Bud Baker.

They arranged a subjective test of all the popular penetrants with the control being the torque required to remove the nut from a "scientifically rusted" environment.

Penetrating oil ..... Average load

None ...................... 516 pounds

WD-40 ................... 238 pounds

PB Blaster ............... 214 pounds

Liquid Wrench ......... 127 pounds

Kano Kroil .............. 106 pounds

ATF-Acetone mix.......53 pounds

The ATF-Acetone mix was a "home brew" mix of 50 - 50 automatic transmission fluid and acetone. Note the "home brew" was better than any commercial product in this one particular test. Our local machinist group mixed up a batch and we all now use it with equally good results. Note also that "Liquid Wrench" is about as good as "Kroil" for about 20% of the price.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #216 - 05/08/12 at 17:47:08

I wish they had tried the wintergreen oil.
Im shocked at the results on Kroil, but the Home Brew ATF & acetone is GREAT! & a total shock.
One of the coolest Hot Tips in a long time,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #217 - 05/09/12 at 02:38:55

verslagen1 wrote on 05/08/12 at 12:11:31:
Machinist's Workshop magazine tested penetrants for break out torque on rusted nuts.

They are below, as forwarded by an ex-student and professional machinist, Bud Baker.

They arranged a subjective test of all the popular penetrants with the control being the torque required to remove the nut from a "scientifically rusted" environment.

Penetrating oil ..... Average load

None ...................... 516 pounds

WD-40 ................... 238 pounds

PB Blaster ............... 214 pounds

Liquid Wrench ......... 127 pounds

Kano Kroil .............. 106 pounds

ATF-Acetone mix.......53 pounds

The ATF-Acetone mix was a "home brew" mix of 50 - 50 automatic transmission fluid and acetone. Note the "home brew" was better than any commercial product in this one particular test. Our local machinist group mixed up a batch and we all now use it with equally good results. Note also that "Liquid Wrench" is about as good as "Kroil" for about 20% of the price.

Wonder if this has anything to do with why I like the smell of both of these chemicals in open containers ?   Roll Eyes

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #218 - 05/09/12 at 03:20:35

Isnt fingernail polish remover acetone? If thats right, then I already know I dodnt like that stuff, BUT,, if it works that good, Ill just have to suffer thru it, I intend to mix some of that stuff UP,, I may see if I can find a way to get it into the Kroil can & just keep that can around. But Ill probably just put it in one of those Zoom oil things. I can get a drop of oil almost anywhere with one of those,

& Heres a tip,

You can get a spray bottle that sprays upside down. I got one at the parts house, when I got some stuff for brightening aluminum, its $5.00 for a lousy spray bottle, but it has a ball check built into the pickup tube so it lets fluid into the pump when its upside down,,

Handy for gardeners fighting bugs under leaves,,

Not where Id use the tranny fluid/acetone stuff..

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #219 - 05/09/12 at 04:53:19

I wonder what the shelf life of the ATF/Acetone mix is when not sealed in a metal can?  Acetone evaporates very quickly and also dissolves some plastics - so it may not be suitable for use in a plastic spray bottle or a metal pump can that is vented.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #220 - 05/09/12 at 10:43:31

Dude, really? Did ya just HAVE to? Dadgummitt,, I was just gettin all happy about this & now you done gone & slipped a wrench in the works,, so Im gonna have to mix this stuff up & store it in, like,, a quart Mineral Spirits can & then when I need some, put it in a pump can or maybe a tablespoon in the Zoom OIl dispenser bottle, & dump it back out when Im finished? Maaaan,, I just wanted it to be EEEEE Zeee,,

Its cheap & acetone is easy to get, I guess,, IDK if fingernail polish remover IS acetone or Contains acetone,,

Im gonna try the mix in a zoom oil thing & keep an eye on it.. but IIRC, the wifes fingernail polish remove comes in glass bottles.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #221 - 05/09/12 at 12:01:25

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/09/12 at 10:43:31:
Its cheap & acetone is easy to get, I guess,, IDK if fingernail polish remover IS acetone or Contains acetone,,

Contains acetone, perfume and conditioners are added... but you'll have the best smelling... bolts anywhere.   Roll Eyes

WWW   IP Logged
greenmonster

Hellooooo Nurse!

Vancouver BC
Reply #222 - 05/09/12 at 12:10:35

I use Acetone as an activator for a number of adhesives where I work. We keep a special blend of it in normal spray bottles. I guess the answer is mix up a batch and pour it in, see what happens. I know, I'm so helpful. Smiley

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #223 - 05/13/12 at 23:14:24

So, last time I tried to doll up the spokes, it didnt work as well as I wanted. This time, they look great. I used parachute cord, cut about 2 feet long with the center cords removed, so it would be flat. Wrapped around the spoke, all the way around, with chrome polish, Turtle wax brand is what I have,, Its cheap..With some effort the cord can be coaxed under the spoke at the hub & with some effort, it can be convinced to stay on the nipple good enough to sparkle that thing up some, Which way its wrapped matters, play with it.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #224 - 05/14/12 at 05:35:02

One's missing from the list,Sea Foam Deep Creep.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 23
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/26/24 at 03:46:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › DAILY  HOT TIP

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.