Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cam Chain Tentioner (Read 9 times)
Dossmesa
Ex Member

Cam Chain Tentioner
10/11/07 at 13:09:34

I'm having trouble with my cam chain tentioner coming disconnected and knocking around in my engine. I have heard that this is a consistent problem with savages and I was wondering what I should do about it. Whether there was a way to fix it or if I just needed to get a new tentioner. If anybody has any answers please let me know. Thanks

Jacob

IP Logged
Bobbert
Serious Thumper

CHOP IT

Los Angeles, CA
Re: Cam Chain Tentioner
Reply #1 - 10/11/07 at 13:22:39

new chain

In progress- 1996 Savage: solo seat, pod filter, open exhaust, and custom bars, fender, wiring, paint.
  IP Logged
Demin
Serious Thumper

We need more
chlorine in the gene
pool

Warren,Ohio
Reply #2 - 10/11/07 at 15:22:25

Read the tech section ther are some threads about this,I would get the Verslavy tensioner from Verslagen1.As a matter of a fact I'm waiting on one right now.Go to search and punch it init will bring it up. Wink

Next project:finish '87 Savage custom/bobber/CHOP STYLE***DONE
finish '77 Yamaha XS650 bobber Bought another one
finish'79 Harley custom bobber(NEXT)
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #3 - 10/12/07 at 05:21:36

There are two threads with conversations and accumulated information on cam chain tensioner issues on the first page of the Rubber Side Down forum (and several more available with a search).  There's an article on checking your cam chain and tensioner on the first page of the Tech Ref forum and two threads on options for upgraded cam chain and tensioner parts on the first page of the Marketplace forum.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 00:17:46

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Cam Chain Tentioner

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.