Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
New LS650 maybe (Read 10 times)
mavinwy
Ex Member

Re: New LS650 maybe
Reply #30 - 09/07/07 at 12:35:22

Having had a girlfriend/fiancee/wife that has been riding for 18 years, I got smart and asked her advice for anothe list I am on......I'll paraphrase and see if I can find the original post.

Her thoughts were to have the GF take the couse whether you go together or not.  Offer to pay for it if need be.  She did not take the course until she had been riding for about 8 years (it just was not in our area) and picked up info from taking it then, so it was worth it.  She said that she had been so engrossed that she barely remembers the friend who went with her being there at all other than at the deskwork.  Her mind was on the riding. (YMMV - My wife can get a little single minded)

Then, when she knows what feels "right" to her, have her sit on every machine she can find until she finds the one where everything comes "to hand" (or foot) for her.  Cute and Stylish do not matter for a first bike, comfort and confidence do.  The wife started out on a Kawaski 100 enduro because it was light enough and short enough.  She then went to 500cc sportbikes because of the handling.

Her requirements for a bike now:
1. Be highway worthy (75 mph cruising)
2. be light enough to pick up on her own (she is 5'1" and 105lbs)
3. Seating for 2 (our son alternates who he is riding behind)
4. Short enough that she can put the balls of both feet down.
5. Handles well enough that she can manouver it comfortably.

Just some thoughts.

Mav

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 20:15:14

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New LS650 maybe

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.