Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Poll Poll
Question: Would you be interested in a section for trikes & sidecars?

Make it a stand alone section.  
  0 (0%)
Add it to the modification area  
  1 (100%)

Total votes: 1
« Created by: easymoney on: 02/07/24 at 14:54:42 »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 177
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41229 times)
old lady katie

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Indianapolis
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #60 - 12/30/07 at 14:42:39

Hi all! My name's Katie and I just bought my S40 (please can I still call it a Savage?). I've been "lurking" around the site for a few weeks while I figured out which bike to buy. My husband just bought a Yamaha 1300 which the dealer called "Intermediate." What??? The thing is a tank.

I'm not brand new to bikes. I rode a lot in the 70's and 80's, back when you'd see little Honda 125's on the Pacific Coast Highway. My little 1977 CB200 kept up just fine with the bigger bikes, (big back then being 500cc) but it was stolen and gutted (the cops found the frame) and my heart broke. My next bike was a 1979 Yamaha 650 special, one of the first Japanese factory-made lowriders. Great bike, but sold it when we moved to Maine, thinking the season would be too short. A few years later, I bought a Honda 250, but it turned out to be the crankiest, laziest bike ever. Not to bash all Hondas, or even all 250s. Just that individual bike :-) Then I gave up for 20 years.

So, this is a re-entry for me, and though I agonized over the decision in retrospect, it was a no brainer. I'm of the "if you can't pick it up, you shouldn't ride it" school, I but couldn't see myself on a Rebel or other little learner bike either.

So there it is by way of introduction. Nice to meet you all! Spring is coming.

Every day is a gift; some days are gag gifts.
katiedav   IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #61 - 12/31/07 at 07:19:11

old lady katie wrote on 12/30/07 at 14:42:39:
Hi all! My name's Katie and I just bought my S40 (please can I still call it a Savage?). I've been "lurking" around the site for a few weeks while I figured out which bike to buy. My husband just bought a Yamaha 1300 which the dealer called "Intermediate." What??? The thing is a tank.

I'm not brand new to bikes. I rode a lot in the 70's and 80's, back when you'd see little Honda 125's on the Pacific Coast Highway. My little 1977 CB200 kept up just fine with the bigger bikes, (big back then being 500cc) but it was stolen and gutted (the cops found the frame) and my heart broke. My next bike was a 1979 Yamaha 650 special, one of the first Japanese factory-made lowriders. Great bike, but sold it when we moved to Maine, thinking the season would be too short. A few years later, I bought a Honda 250, but it turned out to be the crankiest, laziest bike ever. Not to bash all Hondas, or even all 250s. Just that individual bike :-) Then I gave up for 20 years.

So, this is a re-entry for me, and though I agonized over the decision in retrospect, it was a no brainer. I'm of the "if you can't pick it up, you shouldn't ride it" school, I but couldn't see myself on a Rebel or other little learner bike either.

So there it is by way of introduction. Nice to meet you all! Spring is coming.

Nice to meet you Old Lady.  Welcome to the group...

IP Logged
Gambit
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Louisiana
Reply #62 - 12/31/07 at 17:54:18

Thanks, Greg. Thumping it is.

Savage_Greg wrote on 12/29/07 at 09:42:53:
Gambit wrote on 12/29/07 at 09:37:34:
Hi,
I am seriously considering buying an S40 (or Savage) in the very near future. I currently have an '82 GS100GK but, would like a smaller and newer bike that I can putt around on.

The posts here are a real help.

Welcome to SuzukiSavage.com.  Hope that you get your LS650...but before you do, you'll have to think "THUMP' 'cause we don't ever "putt" Tongue

"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."
  IP Logged
Warric
YaBB Newbies

Rock On

New Zealand
Reply #63 - 01/05/08 at 15:30:48

Morning all!

Im Warric, signing in from way over in New Zealand. Iv just bought my 1st eva (& probly only!) road bike, 03 Savage 650, & I love it! Ill be reading very shortly about all the mods I can do, as the top speed of 130km is a tad on the quiet side.

Cheers

WWW   IP Logged
Gary On A Savage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Only 15 mins riding
could save you $$$
in Dr bills

Fresno, California
Reply #64 - 01/08/08 at 11:47:39

Warric wrote on 01/05/08 at 15:30:48:
Morning all!

Im Warric, signing in from way over in New Zealand. Iv just bought my 1st eva (& probly only!) road bike, 03 Savage 650, & I love it! Ill be reading very shortly about all the mods I can do, as the top speed of 130km is a tad on the quiet side.

Cheers

Recommendation:  Ride it as is for 6 months before you do any mods.  That will give you an idea of what the base bike is like and what mods you'll want  to do first.

'95 Savage with the lowered, full fender look
'96 Honda Shadow 1100 ACE
My Riding Blog: http://garyonasavage.blogspot.com/
WWW   IP Logged
Lazy Old Rider

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #65 - 01/08/08 at 13:22:59

Well Hello you savages.
I am from Sunbury upon Thames near Heathrow Airport in England.

For those that dont know where that is go East until you pass the Sea, if you find Land and they are not speaking "American" with an accent you a probably in Europe, go North, if they are speaking a form of "American" ask for a Beer, if its Black, your probably in Ireland go further East.

I presently Ride a 125 Yamaha Enticer (SR125), though I will from next Saturday be the owner of a 2001 650 LS Savage. So I found this place and joined.

I am sorry that I will probbaly not be able to join you on rideouts, but I think my carbs will get flooded if I try.

As it happens a number of my friends in this area are Proud Victory Riders, and we even talk to guy who has a Harley, so there is a good American bike contingent in this area.

Well I know the Savage is a Rice Burner, but it is only still being produced because of the USA support.

Too many Riders over Here are "Power Rangers" (sports bike race replicas with colour coordinated leathers)

oooh look the smell checker is trying to take the u out of my colour Grin

IP Logged
the mysterious johnh
YaBB Administrator

thump thump....

The Land of SuzukiSavage.com
Reply #66 - 01/08/08 at 15:27:21

Lazy Old Rider wrote on 01/08/08 at 13:22:59:
Well Hello you savages.
I am from Sunbury upon Thames near Heathrow Airport in England.

For those that dont know where that is go East until you pass the Sea, if you find Land and they are not speaking "American" with an accent you a probably in Europe, go North, if they are speaking a form of "American" ask for a Beer, if its Black, your probably in Ireland go further East.

I presently Ride a 125 Yamaha Enticer (SR125), though I will from next Saturday be the owner of a 2001 650 LS Savage. So I found this place and joined.

I am sorry that I will probbaly not be able to join you on rideouts, but I think my carbs will get flooded if I try.

As it happens a number of my friends in this area are Proud Victory Riders, and we even talk to guy who has a Harley, so there is a good American bike contingent in this area.

Well I know the Savage is a Rice Burner, but it is only still being produced because of the USA support.

Too many Riders over Here are "Power Rangers" (sports bike race replicas with colour coordinated leathers)

Welcome Aboard,  Saturday will be glorious!

WWW the mysterious johnh   IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #67 - 01/08/08 at 16:06:14

Well I know the Savage is a Rice Burner,

here we go again, opening up the fuel debate.  Grin

or

what i could burn rice in the thing.. Cool.

or  

not a rice burner, it a rice steamer.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #68 - 01/10/08 at 10:14:13

Ooohh, looks like the smell checker put the "m" in "spell" Tongue

Welcome to the group

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #69 - 01/10/08 at 10:15:09

sluggo wrote on 01/08/08 at 16:06:14:
Well I know the Savage is a Rice Burner,

here we go again, opening up the fuel debate.  Grin

or

what i could burn rice in the thing.. Cool.

or  

not a rice burner, it a rice steamer.

Hell, the only place that I burn rice is in the kitchen Grin

IP Logged
nef584
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Kissimmee, Fl.
Reply #70 - 01/11/08 at 18:31:43

Hello everyone, Sorry I didn't introduce myself before. ( Didn't mean to be rude.) My name is Neftali, I'm 37 years old and love bikes. I've been reading this forum ever since I picked up my S40 from a friend of mine who went back home( P.R.)  about 2 months ago and I really enjoy it , almost as much as I enjoy riding my bike. I am a Police Officer  Coolwith the Kissimmee ( Fl.) PD. I've had several bikes but to be totally honest didn't enjoy any of them as much as I do this one.  Grin I have a few mods in mind for my thumper.... I might need some of your guys help with some of them.  TongueI really look forward to getting to know you guys. Take care and RIDE SAFE!!!! Wink

Ride Safe, Ride Long... but Ride!!!
  IP Logged
buttgoat1
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #71 - 01/11/08 at 22:08:58

hello everybody, my name is John, and I'm a thumper addict.  I could change but dont wanna.

I am 42, divorced, 3 kids, work in the manufacturing/construction industry and have a farm in central Virginia with cows and goats on the side,  buttgoat is my ebay ID.  

I got the motorcycle bug last year (finally had some free $ after the initial divorce sticker shock)  and started doing some research, I really liked the cruisers and was leaning towards something like a Kawasaki Vulcan or Honda 650, but the more I looked into it, the S40 (didnt even know what a Savage was....) seemed like the best combination of value, simplicity, looks, performance, and especially FUN.  I found low mileage 05 on Ebay and its been a blast ever since.  I start to get cranky if I dont ride for a few days, its something really cooL to go down some curvy country roads and roll on the throttle and feel that THUMPTHUMPTHUMP THUMP, hoo boy!!   But yall already know that!  

I have an affinity for underappreciated machinery like the Savage and enjoy tweaking it.  I have added a windscreen, a screaming eagle turnout muffler, a sissy bar, and saddle bags.  I am kicking around some paint schemes in my head and am planning on having the seat repadded and upholstered this winter.  Next spring I want to take a liesurely trip somewhere, anywhere, it doesnt matter where as long as its on backroads and thumpin all the way.

I enjoy all the tips on this site!!  thanks guys.

IP Logged
txsizzler
YaBB Newbies

Its a real THUMP in
the pants!

Portland/Corpus Christi, TX.
Reply #72 - 01/14/08 at 19:24:52

Hello all! My name is Ian, I am from Wichita Falls, TX. Just bought my 2003 Savage LS650 today (bike has 3040 miles, bought for $1350.... feel like I got a good deal). I also own a 2002 Kawasaki 1500 Mean Streak. Gotta say... love that thumper! Even the backfire is a kick in the pants! I am impressed with its low end power.. a bit torquey, but thats alright!

I am thinking of adding a SuperTrapp exhaust, or modding it somehow. So, expect me to be asking some questions as time goes on!  Wink I will post pics soon of my new ride!

Ian

"Life is like a bath; the longer you stay in it, the more wrinkled you get!" -Garfield
  IP Logged
Onederer
Ex Member

Reply #73 - 01/17/08 at 19:51:59

Hello, I've been lurking around here, & decided I should finally say Hello. Am a Hillbilly in Ozark, AR, good mountain riding here. Bought a new '06 & have 14'000ish on it. I've striped and customized a bit, but I'm usually riding, so no pics. Been to just four states on it so far. The S40 took over the highway duties of my xr650l. The S40 drags, scrapes, and bounces down the road, but where the engineers  stoped, The riders of a train that could, motor on.  I intend to learn what I can here, and lend what I know. Smiley

IP Logged
Savage_Amusement
Serious Thumper

On this steel horse
I ride.

Omaha, NE
Reply #74 - 01/20/08 at 12:01:43

*Stands* Hi my name is, Erik. I just got an S40. Its a black one and I have a lot of plans for it. This is my very first bike. I plan to ride it for this whole year with out doing anything major to it so I can get the feel and become more comfortable with the bike. Then other things will come one at a time (lol).
I live in Neb, 25 years old and I really don't know what else to day. I'm excited about this and I really the site so far. Smiley

2K5, 1975 Sportster tank, blacked out motor, K&N cone, Much more to come later!!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 177
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 06:25:09

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.