Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Poll Poll
Question: Would you be interested in a section for trikes & sidecars?

Make it a stand alone section.  
  0 (0%)
Add it to the modification area  
  1 (100%)

Total votes: 1
« Created by: easymoney on: 02/07/24 at 14:54:42 »

Pages: 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 ... 176
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41189 times)
JOEL2014
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

South Carolina
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #2280 - 02/01/18 at 13:22:46

Hi everyone! My name is Joel, I'm 49,
and I live in South Carolina. I'm just a few miles away from Columbia. My new baby is a 2014 model S40, it was still in the crate when I signed for it. I used to ride a GZ 250 which I loved, but fell out of riding for a couple years. Shame on me!!!  Anyway, I hope to have many years with Sarah ( you know we have to name em) and I look forward to hearing from all of you. Ride safe and God bless!

IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Reply #2281 - 02/01/18 at 14:51:32

Welcome to you and Sarah

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
T140V
Ex Member

I sold my last S40
Reply #2282 - 02/02/18 at 00:33:01

I’ve had two of these bikes. One went with the divorce because we bought it for her. The second I bought for $1700 and sold it for $2300. Nice little profit for a fun motor. Now I have a third I picked up for $1600 and I plan on giving it to my daughter when she graduates from a Honda CM91. I cleaned that little bike up and gave it to her fo Christmas. I kept the windshield and saddlebags from the last S40 but the Ryca tach went with it. I bought a new Ryca tach and plan on mounting it on the LS650P. Good to be back with you guys. Cool

CC06DD43-B25A-425D-A335-B7F62BD548CB.jpeg
  IP Logged
T140V
Ex Member

Reply #2283 - 02/02/18 at 00:34:55

Here’s a pick of the newest one. I want to change out the handlebars to original. Smiley

5A7530BE-3650-441A-95DF-EE7A0424179F.jpeg
  IP Logged
Sergio
YaBB Newbies

2015 S40

Leon, Gto. Mexico
Reply #2284 - 02/03/18 at 07:57:04

Hi everyone. I'm Sergio from Leon, Gto. Mexico. Got my 2015 Pearl Moonstone Gray S40with footrests, sissy bar and cargo plate last november from a weekend warrior who put 12k miles of sunday interstate rides on it. I upgraded from a Suzuki GN125F that gave me outstanding service, but I needed more muscle while keeping it simple for everyday commuting and interstate riding. Longed for the Savage 2 years, and I'm very pleased. I'm an academic, religion, humanities and audio teacher, part time heavy metal/ambient guitarrist and effect pedals fan. I've been following this great forum and Facebook intl group for some time, best advisors I could find. So far I only have changed my front brake pads, rised the seat and installed ammo cans as saddlebags, not having all the time on the world and tools for getting hands on the bike, but I'll get there eventually. Considering seriously: get Verslagen chain tensioner soon. Thank you for adding me, greetings to everyone.

S40_tras.jpeg

Daily commuter, rain or shine. 4 wheeled stuff is for cargo, as in car-go.
  IP Logged
T140V
Ex Member

Re: Paladin
Reply #2285 - 02/04/18 at 12:22:19

Paladin. wrote on 08/27/07 at 21:56:47:
For those of you too young to have watched the original series, Paladin was the lead character of Have Gun - Will Travel.

When I got married, Wendy gave me a xxxx Stetson for Christmas.  I started wearing it to work, people started calling me Paladin.  No idea as to why:
http://www.andruschak.net/dsl/Paladin/images/Me-Pal.jpg

I am in my 37th year with Pacific Telephone/AT&T:
http://www.andruschak.net/dsl/Paladin/images/Van.jpghttp://www.andruschak.net...
For the last 20 years I have been in Official Company Services -- the part of the phone company that installs and maintains our internal phones, data circuits, LANs etc. -- jack of all trades, master of none.  I'm rather notorious for getting the job done, my joy is getting troubles that others have failed to correct.  When I stop having fun on the job I'll retire.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I started riding on a pedal bike.  A girl's bike.  I remember standing on the pedals unable to see over the handlebars.

I’ve seen your Logo on a lot of b-box’s around San Jose. Mine was Choo Grin Choo

IP Logged
tnmarktx
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2286 - 02/17/18 at 12:14:22

New member, the S40 is actually my wife's bike it's a 2013 model.  Have already replaced with raptor petcock and adjusted the air/fuel mixture.  Have yet to tackle the cam chain tensioner.  As far as info goes, this is one of the best model specific forums I've ever seen.

IP Logged
drannonb
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2287 - 02/22/18 at 21:28:25

Yo!  Super pumped to join the club!  Just bought a 2013 S40, my second bike (still have the first one, 2015 CB 500F).  Really REALLY excited to own my first cruiser, and really happy to buy a bike that I can WORK on myself!

IP Logged
LTLRed556
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2288 - 02/23/18 at 23:15:40

Hey guys been a member here for a bit and figured I should introduce myself.  I bought my first bike as a 96 project bike a little over a year ago.  Got it running around my buddies back yard but had to store it for almost a year due to limited space.  I loved the very little time I had on it so much I also bought my brother an 04 Boulevard S40 so he can start riding this season.  This forum is invaluable especially for the project bike!

IP Logged
palomino
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Davis, TX
Reply #2289 - 03/06/18 at 18:00:30

I think it’s time I introduced myself. Like some of you I rode as a youngster on dirt but not street. Fast forward 40 years I’ve gotta HD Road King.
Well I talked my wife into taking the MSF course, I told her if she liked it, great, if she didn’t, that’s ok too. Well she loved it. She’s short so as we looked for bikes she found a 2003 Savage at a HD dealer, she loved it! She said it just fit her perfect. Well as I tinkered with her bike I became quite
Fond of it myself! Now we have 2, it’s just a fun bike to ride! I still have my Road King but the Savage is a hoot to ride!
I’ve already used some of the expertise found on this site and it’s much appreciated.

IP Logged
Diamond T
YaBB Newbies

Grain valley , Mo
Reply #2290 - 03/31/18 at 11:17:28

My name is Tony I bought an Savage because I have always like a smaller bike and single cylinder bike , my last bike was a Honda ascot , but I was looking for something to have a little fun on and teach my wife ti ride with. working on an 02 that I'm building into a bobber , tracker sort of thing.

« Last Edit: 04/01/18 at 03:07:27 by Diamond T »  

20180326_135210_1522090383705_1522255455462.jpg
  IP Logged
MisterMagoo
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2291 - 04/11/18 at 04:47:55

So I blew it already! I found this Introduce Yourself thread after I started a topic to introduce myself! Argh! Can a moderator move it to where it belongs? Newbies.......

Moderator Comment:
I can - but it isn't necessary.  Every new member is allowed two "errors" before a formal reprimand is issued. Wink

Welcome to the forum.

Dave

« Last Edit: 04/11/18 at 07:04:24 by Dave »  
  IP Logged
MrGadgets
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2292 - 04/21/18 at 21:02:13

Hey guys just wanted to say hi, my friends call me Gadgets I’m 35 and living in the South Island of New Zealand, I’m pretty new to riding but loving it just got my first bike a 2003 ls650 and it’s great, actually last night I had just finished my first epic adventure on it, Brought it online up north so I could fly up and visit family then it was a 1200 Km ride home over two days was great at times and very educational at other times but I got home safe and sound

IP Logged
Chisum
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2293 - 05/02/18 at 15:37:54

Greetings,
I just got a 2007 s40 with 3k miles. Clutch was totally gone, so I'm waiting for it to come back from the shop. We are located in Huntsville, Texas - can't wait to get this puppy on the back roads!
Hoping to find some good insights into keeping this little bike running it's best! Cheers! Chisum

IP Logged
NucleaRR
YaBB Newbies

Straight Shoota'

Murland
Reply #2294 - 05/02/18 at 16:08:50

Hello All, newbie here hailing from Maryland. New owner of a 2005 S40. Previously owned a CBR 600RR, hence the RR in my user name. Was very active at one point on 600rr.net but those days have past. Bought my CBR new in 2006 and had it all these years. Was a fantastic bike but I wanted to try something different for commuting, as a sport bike is not ideal for that. Been eyeing a Savage/ S40 for the past few years. Originally wanted to use the Ryca kit to convert one of these to a cafe. Over the past few years my taste on what you can do with this bike has changed. A little older now and not one to “hit the twisties” like I used to, I set my heart on the Ryca hardtail bobber. But changed my mind on that too, hehe. Recently fate decided that it was time to buy a Savage/ S40 when my CBR was stolen.

I took the money from that and picked up a nice looking bike for cheap that needs some work. Someone rattle canned a decent paint job on it but it’s not the best. That will be fixed eventually but major things first, like that pesky backfire and cam chain tensioner. Eventually want to do a bobber-rat-thing.

More about me, I am a digital artist, mostly illustration and do lowbrow, garage/ race  art. Also a huge horror fan, so that finds its way into my art.  The art thing is in my spare time, not my official job but still rewarding. I plan to create a Photoshop thread that users can customize the look of their bike and paint schemes in. We had one of these over on 600rr and it was a great way to mock up something.

I’d like to say thanks for the great forum and the vast amount of knowledge contained therein.

-Aaron

2005 S40, Raptor mod, flipped risers, Biltwell grips.
Her name is Maila Nurmi but when I am done with her she will be Vampira.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 ... 176
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/26/24 at 00:02:21

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.