Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Poll Poll
Question: Would you be interested in a section for trikes & sidecars?

Make it a stand alone section.  
  0 (0%)
Add it to the modification area  
  1 (100%)

Total votes: 1
« Created by: easymoney on: 02/07/24 at 14:54:42 »

Pages: 1 ... 153 154 155 156 157 ... 176
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41189 times)
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #2310 - 07/06/18 at 14:33:56

faffi wrote on 07/05/18 at 12:41:28:
Quick intro; Norwegian, born in '64, riding since '80, does not own a Savage/LS650 at the moment. Fond of singles, though, and find the LS650 the prettiest engine bar none. I see the bike as a platform to build something along the lines of the ST400 Tempter.

My wife was hatched in '61, so y'all are not far apart at all.
When you find a LS650 let us know, we are a friendly family.
Some parts to perk one up are available if  desired.  They go anywhere in the world.  
Welcome.

IP Logged
faffi

A.S.A.N.

Norway
Reply #2311 - 07/06/18 at 14:51:36

Thank you, Lancer!

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #2312 - 07/07/18 at 08:53:49

faffi wrote on 07/06/18 at 14:51:36:
Thank you, Lancer!

For years I had a '56 BSA Goldstar flat track racing bike; bought it in '69, no lights or electrical system at all, just a magneto, wire & plug.  The engine was maxed out with everything available at the time with a 1  1/2" Amal Grand Prix carb with outside float bowl, and a reverse cone muffler that was wide open, no baffling at all.  It had a set of Certain 35mm forks on the front.
It had be owned by a privateer racer who retired and rebuilt the bike completely before putting it up for sale for $800.  Oh yes, very sweet.

It was BAAAAD ! ! !
  Cool  Grin

IP Logged
faffi

A.S.A.N.

Norway
Reply #2313 - 07/07/18 at 11:18:33

Would have been worth a considerable amount of cash today apart from representing a really cool ride  Cool

IP Logged
shahnz39
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2314 - 07/09/18 at 22:14:45

kia ora/greetings from Auckland, New Zealand. just bought a new 2017 S40 last friday to keep little brother RV200 VanVan company. and for slightly quicker rides. thanks all for your generous sharing regarding everything S40/LS650/Savage. very informative.

IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #2315 - 07/10/18 at 03:36:02

What colour is it? who was the dealer?. You will find these are good bikes for our country given our low open road limits and the absence of what the Americans call "super slab". I've done a couple of long trips, by our standards, Auckland Invercargill and Auckland Fielding Napier and back. Airhawk seat pad helps a bit. Highway 16 Helensville Wellsford is a good ride.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
shahnz39
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2316 - 07/10/18 at 11:48:53

Metallic fox orange. Holeshot Takapuna. Thanks for the tips.

jcstokes wrote on 07/10/18 at 03:36:02:
What colour is it? who was the dealer?. You will find these are good bikes for our country given our low open road limits and the absence of what the Americans call "super slab". I've done a couple of long trips, by our standards, Auckland Invercargill and Auckland Fielding Napier and back. Airhawk seat pad helps a bit. Highway 16 Helensville Wellsford is a good ride.

IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #2317 - 07/10/18 at 12:03:30

I brought mine from Holeshot and have it serviced, there, no complaints, done just under 65000 km in eight years. On my third lead acid battery. The stock IRC rear tyre is nothing to write home about. Watch it in the wet or on tar snakes. Rear brake is prone to lock up. Safe fuel range about 190 kms, although you will be on reserve about 160-170kms.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
shahnz39
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2318 - 07/10/18 at 23:37:35

ya, good blokes those Holeshot people. got my VanVan from them too. hmm...only 190kms on full tank?  Angry not much more than the VanVan then. guess i still have to carry spare fuel when i ride with my mates. thanks for info re: IRC tyres.

jcstokes wrote on 07/10/18 at 12:03:30:
I brought mine from Holeshot and have it serviced, there, no complaints, done just under 65000 km in eight years. On my third lead acid battery. The stock IRC rear tyre is nothing to write home about. Watch it in the wet or on tar snakes. Rear brake is prone to lock up. Safe fuel range about 190 kms, although you will be on reserve about 160-170kms.

IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #2319 - 07/11/18 at 23:13:25

Once you get over 190km, and you probably will, start praying. I've probably had 220km, but you are on the fumes in the tank.

IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #2320 - 07/12/18 at 01:03:07

Tirau to Waouiru, fumes in the tank.

IP Logged
shahnz39
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2321 - 07/12/18 at 01:31:58

tried to send you a PM but got rejected. guess that's because i don't have enough posts. happy for you to email: shahrir.ariff@gmail.com

fume, eh. scary that. must definitely remember to carry a spare fuel container when travelling more than 180-km.

IP Logged
FvZ
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2322 - 07/14/18 at 13:49:20

Hi,

brazilian that lives in spain here. Have a 93' bought from the first onwer with 27k km on int.

IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Reply #2323 - 07/14/18 at 15:37:38

FvZ wrote on 07/14/18 at 13:49:20:
Hi,

brazilian that lives in spain here. Have a 93' bought from the first onwer with 27k km on int.

Hi FvZ, Welcome to the forum ... it's a terrific place for information about our bike. You will find very helpful and friendly people here. 27k you say? I would advise that you look up topics on this forum on the cam-chain tensioner, if you have not already. All the best.

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
Old Savage Eddie
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

La Coruna, Spain
Reply #2324 - 09/01/18 at 07:14:32

Hello Everyone, This being my first post, I thought I’d introduce myself and share my story.

I´m originally from Newark, NJ but moved to La Coruna, Spain in 94. My plan was to tour Europe for a year, but met my wife and here I am…

I’ve been riding since I got my license and do remember visiting “The Motorcycle Mall” in Belleville NJ even before that. I didn’t have much cash back then but drooling was free…

Being a diehard mechanic junkie, I love to do as much DIY work as my knowledge and tools allow.

My first street bike was a 1978 Honda CB400T Hawk that I rode, restored and rode again.  Since the Honda, I’ve had a Ducati Darmah, Moto Guzzi Le Mans, Beta Techno, Bmw RT and a Morini 3 ½ Sport (still have the Morini).  

One day, surfing the web, I stumbled on the Suzuki Savage Site.  I kept reading and researching about “thumpers” and just had to try one.  Before I knew it, I was the proud owner of a 1993 Savage abandoned in a garage for over 10 years (still had a full tank of gas, or is it kerosene?).  Judging from the seller’s story and info learned here, I was thinking timing chain tensioner issues - The diagnosis was correct…

Now I’m looking forward to fix this Savage up during the winter and getting it back on the road.  No Thumper should be condemned to life in a garage…

Here is a pick of the bike the day I got it home  Grin

Old_Savage_Eddie_001.jpg

More horsepower, less exhaust.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 155 156 157 ... 176
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/23/24 at 13:07:05

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.