Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Poll Poll
Question: Would you be interested in a section for trikes & sidecars?

Make it a stand alone section.  
  0 (0%)
Add it to the modification area  
  1 (100%)

Total votes: 1
« Created by: easymoney on: 02/07/24 at 14:54:42 »

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 ... 176
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41189 times)
ryanwilliam
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #1860 - 01/05/15 at 18:09:55

Hi everyone!
My name is Ryan, and I live just south of Boston, MA.  I just recently purchased a 1987 Suzuki Savage.  I've had two other bikes, a 78 KZ650 and 94 Magna.  Looking forward to learning from everyone on this forum, I've already found it to be an overwhelming resource!

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #1861 - 01/07/15 at 13:13:02

Welcome RW! You have come to the right place for info on the savage/s40, these guys here are THE most knowledgeable folks around! and good folk to boot! Smiley

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
crookscrooks
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1862 - 01/09/15 at 11:51:46

My name is James from Longview Texas.  I ride a 2002 that I've stripped down to duct tape lol.  I've been lurking for a while.  Every question I've had is answered here  Smiley

IP Logged
MADman
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1863 - 01/14/15 at 09:31:59

My name is MADman, I live in Belgium. Here's a pic of my current bike, '92 Suzuki savage ratlook. I'm still working out a few of the details, but she rides good. Don't know what else to say...

ratlook_savage.jpg
  IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Reply #1864 - 01/15/15 at 13:42:50

New member here. I just started a CS-1 conversion. The donor bike is a '97 with 2,300 miles. It was stored in a shed, but in a humid environment so there is lots of surface corrosion and pitting. Beneath the surface the bike looks new and the wiring harness looks perfect. I've been doing a lot of cleaning and polishing.

I'm making a few mods to the RYCA kit. The main change is a custom upper T-Clamp that will allow me to raise the forks in the clamps. This way I wont have to use the 2" spacers. I worked with Race Tech in developing the correct Gold Valve Emulators and Linear Rate springs for the forks. With this set up I retained the full 5" of travel, get about 35mm of sag and with the forks raised 25mm in the clamps the bike still sits as RYCA designed it. I'll post a full "how to" soon.

I look forward to sharing info and mostly learning how to maintain the LS650 engine.

CS-1_Forks.jpg

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
PayDro
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1865 - 02/06/15 at 10:55:30

Hey all!
Pete here from east coast of FLA. Just picked up an '87 bobbed Savage for $500. Needs some work, so I figured I could learn a little (or a lot) from this Forum.

I've lurked here for a bit, and now I'm getting the old girl running again. She got picked apart by the PO, and I'm not a huge grease monkey, but I'm willing to learn.

I got a solo seat and I need to make an attachment bracket for it. Also got a Soft-tail muffler to put on her as well. At least the tires are nice ...  Grin

IP Logged
PayDro
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1866 - 02/06/15 at 10:56:08

Hope fully I can post a pic now...

IP Logged
Volpstar
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I'm quite possibly a functioning alcoholic.
Reply #1867 - 02/08/15 at 22:41:19

Hello everyone,
Name is Marcus. Purchased my first bike the very beginning of January. A black 2001 Savage with just over 13,000 miles. Already creeping up to 15,000 with how much I enjoy riding. Lurked through and around this forum to learn what I could and now here I am posting. I have no real intention or desire to make any extreme changes to the bike, I kind of like the stock appearance of it.
The previous owner installed floorboards and leg deflectors, both of which have grown on me. They also raised the seat as most savage owners tend to; sadly still a little too low for me, being 5'11" with long legs.

I've swapped to the Raptor petcock, relocated the turn signals in preparation for saddle bags, installed a Ryca tachometer, and hope to get verslagen's infamous adjuster. Forward controls and longer rear shocks are on my to-do list as well.

You guys are scholars and saints, I look forward to learning more and maybe even sharing my own discoveries.

(mind the messy garage, in the middle of moving everything to make ample room to replace the garage door.)

20150208_223222.jpg

2001 LS650

Raptor petcock.
K&N filter + Dyna exhaust.
WWW   IP Logged
KiwiGeek
YaBB Newbies

I backfire so that
you know I am there!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #1868 - 02/13/15 at 16:20:41

Kia Ora!

Hi. I am a new S40 owner. Just arrived home after purchasing a brand new S40 I took it for a test ride before and it just felt so natural for me.

I am a fat, ugly, old computer geek who loves Motorsport, women, computers, rugby, women, Motorsport, women, wo....oh, wait, I said that already.

I am looking forward to learning from you guys, laughing with you, arguing with you, commiserating with you.

Member - Ulysses Club, Auckland branch.

http://www.ulyssesauckland.org.nz/
  IP Logged
nof1
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1869 - 02/16/15 at 09:03:46

new guy from ohio.  Just got a savage for my GF, and now I'm even thinking of one for me as a project.  Time and money may slow/stop that we'll see.

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #1870 - 02/17/15 at 22:16:43

Welcome Newbs!  LOL, just kidding!
If you are rebuilding, refurbishing, or just tooling on your ride, please check out the Tech Section of this forum, lots of great information there!
Hop on into the Café and ask anything you can think of about your bike and there will be someone that will have had, heard about or is in the process of, dealing with any problem you have!
The guru's of greatness are here on this site.... and they are friendly to boot!

Again I welcome you to this great site.....don't be afraid to put in your 2 cents....or 3, or 4.....  Grin

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Whistles83
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1871 - 02/19/15 at 17:35:52

Hi, So I introduced myself ohhhh 2 years ago and really haven't posted since. Unfortunately I haven't work on the bike much either. So Ill re-introduce myself with hopes I can get fired up again in the garage.. Once it warms up.

Jeff ..aka WHISTLES.. Ontario Canada (near Cobourg), 31 Years old. bought a beat up and worn out 1988 Savage. I am in the process of a bit of a tear down, as I plan to rebuild and customize.

Grew up on dirt bikes, quads, tractors, and anything else that makes a bit of noise.

This is my first street bike /cruiser and my first rebuild, so I will be scouring the tech forums for help on a regular basis.

Here she was when I bought her.

and what Ive done..Tear Down, Hack up, strip apart.. weld in hardtail (voodoo vintage)

stripped some paint

and did a faux rust finish.. with a clear over top

tractor seat...

modified tractor seat

just showing the stance.. kinda... doest have the painted tank or skins on as you can see...

So that's where I'm at... aside from a few other things.. polished forks, rear brake drum..yada yada.. .still a long way to go.

Later
Whistles

Castleton, Ontario, Canada
'88 savage in rough shape,
rebuild, revamp.
  IP Logged
CathyH
YaBB Newbies

New Mexico
Reply #1872 - 02/25/15 at 20:56:17

Hi..I'm Cathy...I'm almost 47 and I am originally from TN. Currently living in the middle of nowhere New Mexico. I've wanted an S40 for a few years...so what does my husband do? He goes and buys me a HD Softail Slim. A 700lb monster for a 4'11" woman! Then after months of me telling him I REALLY wanted an S40, he found one for me. It's an 09 and it only had 200 miles on it. I rode it for the first time today and I just love it. And for the record, I can ride the Harley, but I prefer the S40 already!

As far as modifications, I really only plan on adding a windshield and bags.

Boulevard.JPG
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #1873 - 02/26/15 at 03:43:37

CathyH:

Welcome to the site...glad you were able to educate your husband!

Sounds like the Savage will be a great "fit" for you, and allow you to spend more time just enjoying riding and not having to worry about wresting around a heavy bike.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
atomikchicken
Ex Member

Reply #1874 - 02/26/15 at 08:18:49

Good day all from frozen Southeast Arizona. Other than my first few bikes decades ago, I never considered wrenching on my bike. My bike is my primary transportation.

So the reason I am here you may wonder.

My current bike is a 2009 Victory Vegas Eight ball. A few years ago stopped in to get something fixed. I quote the service manager
" ...you need to learn to do some of your own maintenance." Two hours and twenty dollars later my problem was solved and I abandoned my dealer for most work.

And a bug to whack and hack got a hold on me. I have done some whack and hack on my bike. But it has to run on Monday so not much can be hacked on at a time.

I recently came into possession of a 1993 DR650 in a trade. So I started learning about my latest bike.

At this point let me say I am not a "Bike expert" or even an enthusiast. I see a bike I like and buy, ride and repeat.
For example the day I bought my Victory I asked "who makes it?" My mechanic, who showed me the bike, looked at me like I had two heads. I had never noticed them on the floor before. Or the day a guy at a shop pointed out that my helmet was no longer produced and people missed it being produced. "Oh, it fits me" I said. Who knows this stuff I wondered?
So any way the DR650 got me to thinking about how simple a bike used to be. But kicking that thing was rough on my knee. I liked the idea of a simple bike I could turn into something I wanted.

I was looking for a sub ton twin with one carburetor.

Some how I found this site. I have to admit I had no idea what a Savage was other than a Suzuki. One Carburetor, affordable and still in production with a dedicated modifying following. I am hooked.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 ... 176
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/02/24 at 20:55:17

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.