Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Brake Pad Wear Limit Indicator (Read 42 times)
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: Brake Pad Wear Limit Indicator
Reply #15 - 08/17/07 at 05:08:08

Suzuki may also use pads from different manufacturers.  I guess it's also possible that the manufacturer(s) may have crappy QC and wind up with varying densities in different pads.  Regardless, it's good to check the stock set to be sure.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Reply #16 - 08/17/07 at 08:09:11

Savage_Rob wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
The stock set are soft and often need replacement at about 3K miles.

Dam. I have been having front brake issues in the past few weeks, and I think that is the problem.  Well, off to the tech section I go... Tongue

2006 LS650, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, badge-free zone, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, the one in FRONT of you, flying the Kings Colours
  IP Logged
rokrover
2005 No Login

torkenstein

SoCal
Reply #17 - 08/17/07 at 08:09:19

Definitely terrain and riding style has a big effect on pad life.  Our riding is hilly stop-start urban commuting, probably the toughest on brakes.  My wife's set was totally gone at 3K and I'm replacing mine now at 2.2K as the wear indicator has just been reached.  Pretty poor life IMHO.

IP Logged
mark_k

Greenfield, IN
Reply #18 - 09/14/07 at 19:03:30

Quote:
My wife's set was totally gone at 3K and I'm replacing mine now at 2.2K as the wear indicator has just been reached.

Just flipped over 3K on my 02, checked pads and I am glad I did. Pads were almost gone. Replaced them with EBC ceramics, did a series of progressive stops from 20 mph, 30, 40, 50, and finally 60 mph to seat them. They seemed to seat well and no squeek or squeal anymore.

Will have to see how they last and post back.

Livin' Life Abundantly
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/26/24 at 09:36:07

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Brake Pad Wear Limit Indicator

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.