Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Brand new/used savage for me (Read 9 times)
BigWes
Ex Member

Brand new/used savage for me
07/22/07 at 14:24:39

I bought a 1995 Savage w/ 5200 miles on it about 4 weeks ago. It was only $1700. But i just got my M1 on the 20th. It was incredably hard to let it sit in the grage for a month and only start her up here and there for fun.

but now i have ridden her all over town for 3 days straight and i freaken love it. Durring my painfull waiting period i found you guys online and have been looking through all of the posts. You guys really made me feel good about my purchus and got me psyced to get on her. she is fun, plenty of torque, and i love it when she backfires, and when she does it, i just smirk and say, yeah, she does that.

Quick question. I just got back from Moto Gp at Leguna Seca in monteray CA, about 108 miles south of where i live on the west coast. I drove in my car, but wondered if the Savage could handle a ride like the, its 50-60 the entire way down high way 1 with pleny of places to stop. Would taking the bike down there be ill advised? or would it be more fun than a hassle?

Also, My left mirror keeps comming loose, i wrench it back into place, but she wont stop swivling/shaking lose. Any sugestions?

Thank you all for such a great fourm, and also for dealing with my less than satisfactory spelling.

BigWes

P.S. i can be contacted through the fourm, E-mail (wich i think is posted) or at www.myspace.com/Prowler99

IP Logged
grandpa

Old but not cold!!!

Bartlett TN
Re: Brand new/used savage for me
Reply #1 - 07/22/07 at 14:38:37

Welcome to the Savage and this forum!! A great bunch of folks here!! Got my Savage last Oct and have put 4000 miles on her just commuting. No doubt your Savage could make that trip. There's a post here by Paladin who is planning a trip from LA to Oklahoma City OK. Another one where one member did a 5000 mile cross country and back trip!! Yeh she can handle it as long as you can!!! Lots of tips here on little things to make her more comfortable and more fun to!! Have fun and ride safe!!

Blue '06, seat mod, K&N drop-in filter, desnorkeled, 55 pilot, 152.5 main, 1/3 spacer, dyna muff, factory bug shield, 11.5 Progressive rear shocks, debadged, fork boots, 110/90-19, 140/90-15
grandpa   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #2 - 07/22/07 at 15:58:16

Big W,

Howdy, and welcome to THE Savage website.

Quite a few years back I used to hang out in Cupertino, but that has been a long time.  

Michael

IP Logged
Holodeck

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Seattle
Reply #3 - 07/22/07 at 16:04:59

I just got back from a ride from Seattle to Arcada Ca. and back. Fourteen hundred and fifty miles, longest day was 11 hours. Some freeway at 70 but mostly on the coast twistys at 35 to 50 and some at 60.

When I got back my friend ask me if it was too much, I said no it wasn't enough.

Go at your own speed, don't let inpatient drivers push you, and stop often. It's your first road trip, have a good time. ( good time...road trip on a motorbike,  is that redundant or what.)

IP Logged
BigWes
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 07/22/07 at 16:31:11

Cupertino is cool, i just went to see a Highschool grad there, i work near it. (to lancer) and to holodeck, thanks for the encouragement. Awsome, i think ill hit US 92 to US1 this week and test it out. Im happy to hear it and thank you for a great reception

IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 07/22/07 at 17:54:48

I guess everyone is just so excited to have ya here they forgot you have a problem with a mirror. Awwright, I can set my mirrors into the handlebar with no wrench, just using the mirror arm itself to crank the thing tight. Is that where its coming loose or is it up high at the mirror head? Try to describe whats happening better, how you are setting it & all tyhat/

IP Logged
BigWes
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 07/22/07 at 19:08:08

oh yeah, lol, the mirror! It comes lose at the base of the mirror where it meets the handle bar. I meen, its easy to fix but gets to be a hassle over and over and over. Is there a better way to tighten it down, or get a new set of mirrors maby? I hate trying to look at my left mirror and instead of seeing traffic, i just see my big noggin =) thanks for the advice and warm welcom

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #7 - 07/22/07 at 19:14:34

With the mirror I reckon you could probably use a touch of lock-tite, that should take care of it.

By the way, welcome to the site, and I can guarantee that it won't be long before you decide to start modifying your machine, it's inevitable for Savage owners, not because they are dissatisfied with it, but because that want to make THEIRS.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
BigWes
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 07/22/07 at 19:33:00

thanks, luckly Iv only seen 2 other savages in my area, they seem to be bigger on the east coast and in europ. Im near San Fransisco and i have the only red one. So for now im just loven it, but for sure ill add a pipe and other things latter. on that note, does anyone know where to find a gel seat?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 07/22/07 at 23:45:03

Just under the box ya read all the posts in there is a drop dwon menu. One is the cafe, another i\s marketplace. I know, shocking that a place called the Marketplace is where folks offer stuff for sale, but, crazy as it seems, there ya have it. There are places that offer aftermarket stuff for the 650, not near as many as i woudl like, but you can find a seat. Quite a few go with the HD seat. Some rip into theirs & make it fit their butt better.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 05:38:21

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Brand new/used savage for me

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.