Mussolini1996
YaBB Newbies

After Every Dark
Night Comes A Bright
Day

Missoula, MT
SuperTrapp Question
07/22/07 at 22:15:55

So I just put on my new SuperTrapp muffler today and for some reason I could only get 1 of the 2 T-bolts to line up with the bike mounting bracket. I tried and tried to get the exhaust to go another 1/2"on the header, but it wouldn't budge, so I just used one bolt. Has anyone else had the problem, if so, what did you do???

Also I was wondering if I just do away with the discs all together, if I do some more performance adjustments??? I'm using 8 right now, and I think it would  look kind of tackey, if I used much more. All replies will be greatly appreciated.

2003/SuperTrapp With Open-End Cap/K&N Drop-In/55 Pilot Jet/Half of the White Spacer/155 Main Jet
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: SuperTrapp Question
Reply #1 - 07/22/07 at 22:38:17

If you "do away with the discs all together" and left the end cap on... the exhaust would only have one slot to come out of instead of the 9 slots you have now.

What year do you have?  A friends 86 had a spacer (ugly gray) behind a chrome ring on the header.  And just barely makes the front hole.  A little too tight in my opinion as it tore up the rubber bushing.  Remove the ugly spacer and push the super up the the chrome ring.

One more thing, we both are having blueing at the front of the super.  Someone suggested that it maybe from an exhaust leak.  I looked at his and each of the slots were building up carbon from the exhaust leaks.  Those slots are going to have to be filled.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
Mussolini1996
YaBB Newbies

After Every Dark
Night Comes A Bright
Day

Missoula, MT
Reply #2 - 07/22/07 at 22:46:26

I was talking about just leaving the exhuast open, no discs or end cap.

2003/SuperTrapp With Open-End Cap/K&N Drop-In/55 Pilot Jet/Half of the White Spacer/155 Main Jet
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/22/07 at 23:06:48

I have had that suggested to me & got close to going for it, but, just seems too close to unrestricted. If I was gonna do that, I would have bought a Jardine or something with very little restriction. The Trapp is tuneable. More so than any other exhaust. If you open it up, you may like it, I dunno, I think it will be to loud for on old fuddy duddy like me.But, I would sure be poking a fat main in it if I did that. I have a bit of an odd runnin S40, I have restored the white spacer within 1/100th of stock, have a 150 main, supertrapp with 14 disks, K&N drop in, Iridium plug, stock pilot & it doesnt growl & snarl on decelat all, maybe a slight poof once in a while. Still need to go study it, like a high speed throttle chop & stuff like that.

The situation with getting the TRapp up the header far enough to get both T-Bolts in is not uncommon.Mine wouldnt go, so I used an angle grinder to shorten the header. Shot sparks down under the bike, right past the battery vent tube. Exploded the battery,Bad news all around. But, now my battery has no vent tube! Its a Big Crank gel type. So, you can run it with the one bolt or shorten the headr, OR maybe you can force it on further, some here have managed,My header had a bend in it that just wouldnt allow the TRapp to go on any further, good luck

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/24/24 at 17:59:56

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › SuperTrapp Question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.