Send Topic Print
nice bike for sure (Read 7 times)
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

nice bike for sure
07/22/07 at 02:17:23

Wow! What a durable little bike! I just passed 28,000 miles on my 02. Almost 15,000 of it last year alone. I have not had one problem with my bike that has required service other than changing a set of tires, the front brake, (the rear brake is still fine), and oil changes and filters. Absoultley no oil leaks anywhere.  Original cam chain and belt. I never took my bike in for any 500 mile required service and after 15,000 miles valves were still in spec and plug a nice light brown. I  ride the crap out of my bike,  and it still looks new. It  took me across America on a 5,000 plus trip in just over 6 weeks and came back running as strong as when it left. Best $3,700 I will ever spend!

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Re: nice bike for sure
Reply #1 - 07/22/07 at 03:06:56

Amen stinger! Way to go! Grin

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Reply #2 - 07/22/07 at 11:14:05

I just rolled over 34,000 on miles my 96. got it used in 98 with 4K so I've put 30,000 miles of smiles on it myself. No major issues, tires, front brake pads, cam chain, plug leak. Semm like the timex ad, "takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin' ". Max

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
BigWes
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/22/07 at 19:37:33

thats teriffic news i just bought mine, a 95 with 5000 miles on it, and was curious what the life span would be. Right on man, you reasured this newbi that the bike is as solid as granite

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #4 - 07/23/07 at 05:30:57

Have had 3 savages, and those have had 4 motors between them and trust me its possible to blow it up. I actually think its got a great lower end - connecting rod and below, but a absolutely crappy top end. The Cam chain tensioner and cam chain is another disaster waiting to happen.
Great lower 1/2 though and cheap and easy to rebuild if needed, ever needed. Roller bearing bottom end ...  Grin ...
The top end could have been roller bearinged too. Cam shafts - easy. That will have left the valves as its only vulnerability. Plenty bad, cos the one motor that blew, broke a valve.
Partially indestructible. Usually when something blows up, it warns you pretty well.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 04:51:25

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › nice bike for sure

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.