Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
Re: Verslavy Tensioner Assy (Read 18814 times)
GOF

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Verslavy Tensioner Assy
Reply #105 - 09/19/18 at 17:13:34

aearil wrote on 09/19/18 at 15:44:19:
Maybe stupid question but if I'm doing this, DO I need to replace the guides?? Assuming it hasn't fallen out yet and nothing is specifically damaged, it would just be the stretched chain that needs replacement, correct?

I m not the expert here by any means. But I would think you could look the guides over for wear or signs of other damage and reuse if they are in decent shape. However, I'd look real close if the chain is already making noises.

As for whose turn I will not be needing the parts prior to laying the bike up for winter. I am truly not in a hurry.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

And Though She Be
But Little She is
Fierce!

L.A. California
Reply #106 - 09/19/18 at 22:20:20

aearil wrote on 09/19/18 at 15:44:19:
Maybe stupid question but if I'm doing this, DO I need to replace the guides?? Assuming it hasn't fallen out yet and nothing is specifically damaged, it would just be the stretched chain that needs replacement, correct?

depends on the condition of the guides, they can be worn but still usable.  But if there are a lot of cracks I would replace as it could shed the plastic and clog up the intake screen of the oil pump.

WWW   IP Logged
WunGun
YaBB Newbies

No cage

Modesto, Ca
Reply #107 - 12/05/18 at 15:19:19

I tried email but it gives me a window that closes after a few seconds. I have the tensioner out of the bike I can send you, it is 20mm out. Send me an email when you have time. Its December so I'm not expecting a rush.

Life should not take you smoothly to your grave in a well preserved body, life should make you come screeching in sideways saying "Holy Sh*t! What a ride."
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
12/11/18 at 19:13:40

General CategoryThe Marketplace › Re: Verslavy Tensioner Assy

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.