Send Topic Print
After 20+ years (Read 10 times)
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
After 20+ years
03/13/07 at 12:32:16

Well, after 20+ years of riding motorcycles, I have finally gotten the bike endorsement for my license, so as of today I am legally able to ride a bike.

Now, for a question:

I had a hole in my exhaust header pipe so I tried to use what is a called an exhaust bandage, it basically consists of a special glue, a small piece of sheet metal, (to cover the hole) and what looks like a fiberglass bandage.

I applied this following all the instructions and for a while it seemed okay, but now it is bubbling and looks really ugly.

Has anyone ever used this stuff before and had the same results or did I do something wrong? or did I just waist my money on it? I'll try to post a pic of what I am talking about as soon as I can.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Re: After 20+ years
Reply #1 - 03/13/07 at 12:45:25

I suspect that was an automotive exhaust patch. Bike pipes get a bit hotter I think. Fiberglass is just an epoxy, not for intergallactic travel. It won't handle the heat of re entry into the atmosphere. Ya burnt it up,,,okay? Maybe, if you just can't swing a replacement, someone can mig a patch over the hole. Body shops have junk sheet metal & mig welders. If I was a body man again I would patch it for a couple O bucks. It would be plenty ugly.

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #2 - 03/13/07 at 12:48:34

Thanks Justin, that's what I thought but just wanted a second oppinion. That re-entry was rather rough. The atmosphere gets rather thick coming in at that angle.  Grin

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 03/13/07 at 12:57:08

Well, that's just my 2 cents worth, but with inflation being what it is, it may be worth absolutely nothing.

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #4 - 03/13/07 at 14:56:58

If you manage to fix that, you might be able to advise NASA on how to stop loosing tiles on the shuttles.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 20:19:27

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › After 20+ years

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.