Sportster Seat Blues (Read 17 times)
Rockin_John
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

+36° 10' , -95° 48'
Re: Sportster Seat Blues
Reply #15 - 01/20/07 at 16:32:31

justin_o_guy wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:01:
John, when I went to work on copiers my background was oilfield, where we "tore down & rebuilt" big pumps. After a few weeks of work orders for customers he told me in the copier bidniss it was "Disassemble, troublehoot, repair, reassemble"

Now, the "Bubblegum" works fine for me, but some folks might think more of your project if ya went with, ohh say,, "Mockup" or is that too close to what the result may be?
I don't know what a 12" Framing Bracket is, but if you tell me I have Lowes, Home depot, Tractor Supply, Sears. Harbor Freight, all in town. I'll see if I can find what ya need,

Thanks for the offer, but Verslagen has contacted me, and is already on the mission to gather and ship parts for me.

I also went from oilfield equipment then to heavy mining equipment and then to electronics tech and computer/network tech over my long working career. My term "Bubblegumming " was a Joke, though we did actually use the term while I worked as an engineering tech (working flunky/wrench for the degreed engineers).

During decades of working in shop and field, I took lots of college classes in 'spare time' and during lay-offs; eventually ending up with several computer, engineering and networking certifications and degrees. Hence, my writing style that can jump from the junkyard vernacular to laboratory geek-speak. I enjoy the ability to apply either terminology, though it is sometimes confusing to others.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 01/20/07 at 21:44:58

Heck, I fully intend on swiping "Bubblegumming" & using it during some of my projects,

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #17 - 01/20/07 at 23:07:00

Ditto, bandied about properly, it may knock some of the starch out of the a-holes.  Besides, what kind of airs are we trying to put on here?  I did visit the mud pie room before the bull dozer scrape it right off the map.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/16/24 at 19:35:09

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Sportster Seat Blues

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.