Good news! (Read 6 times)
sparkett

never ride faster
than your guardian
angel flys!

central florida
Good news!
01/01/07 at 12:52:52

Well, she is running much better! now she dosnt want to stop Cheesy. when i back off the throttle she keep steady for a few seconds and then slows down.put my hand down to the carb and the throttle shaft has rolled back but she is still running like i have the throttle rolled on?any ideas?
tia
sparkett

1987 pet thingy, dyna muffler,dyna jet carb,K&N cone filter, still working on her!
  IP Logged
mickthelimey
Ex Member

Re: Good news!
Reply #1 - 01/01/07 at 19:38:44

make sure the long spring is seated ok,you could take the slide out and clean it up with 800 grit emory paper,when you get the whole thing  shiney ,use rubber gloves to put it back in,try that.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
  IP Logged
slavy
Serious Thumper

smart cars for
stupid people

Phoenix, Arizona
Reply #2 - 01/01/07 at 21:51:54

sounds like lean mixture. Try to back out the mixture screw/counterclock wise/.

The arificial intelligence is no match for the natural stupidity
  IP Logged
geo

I'm a Savage

Orlando
Reply #3 - 01/01/07 at 22:12:29

You might have a sticking carb piston.
I had this problem in a different direction. The piston would not go up on acceleration. It was oil on the piston and bore. Once this was cleaned off, the problem was gone. This does require removal of the carb, but the cleanup is easy.
The oil issue could be from overfilling the oil sump, or the addition of the K&N air filter.
You can eliminate the overfilling problem by disconnecting the crankcase ventillation tube from the air box. Then you must plug the port into the air box with a capplug, and then put some sort of filter on the crankcase ventillation tube. The filter on the crankcase ventillation tube can be a sintered bronze air valve or compressor exhaust filter or equivelant.

Black 2002 Savage with SuperTrapp 13 discs, Dynajet Kit-DJ144, K&N drop-in, NGK-Iridium, Windscreen, Amsoil 10w-40, Metzeler ME880's
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #4 - 01/02/07 at 10:43:20

At first I thought it sounded like a binding throttle cable, but you are sure the throttle plate was completely closed.  Right?

The choke was off, too, wasn't it?

Does sound a little bit on the lean side.  Backtrack any carb work that's been done.  Check for an air leak.

IP Logged
sparkett

never ride faster
than your guardian
angel flys!

central florida
Reply #5 - 01/02/07 at 18:21:44

SHE is fine now ( i think),put a table spoon of 2 stroke oil in and ran her 3 miles. today she is being a perfect lady! Grin

1987 pet thingy, dyna muffler,dyna jet carb,K&N cone filter, still working on her!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 04:23:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Good news!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.