Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
need help..conti style muffler (Read 4 times)
smokin_blue
Serious Thumper

From Cafes to
Streetfighters! I
build them all!

St. Paul, MN
need help..conti style muffler
11/02/06 at 10:51:59

Hello all,
I need to keep this brief but will expand  later...but I am in the front end of a full all out custom (ground up) with a savage engine in the heart of it.

I am looking for suggestions on a high flow exhaust (can the stock can be any more restrictive??) that has the look of the old Conti cans like they used to run on the old Nortons, etc.

Any suggestions and suppliers?

Thanks
Paul

WWW   IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Re: need help..conti style muffler
Reply #1 - 11/02/06 at 11:51:17

not sure what a conti can looks like.... but for non restrictve great sound i got the hard krome large slash cut...search market place this site for supplier if interested..

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Rockin_John
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

+36° 10' , -95° 48'
Reply #2 - 11/02/06 at 15:06:18

smokin_blue wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:11:
Hello all,
I am in the front end of a full all out custom (ground up) with a savage engine in the heart of it.

I am looking for suggestions on a high flow exhaust that has the look of the old Conti cans like they used to run on the old Nortons, etc.

Any suggestions and suppliers?

Thanks
Paul

Hi, I used to ride and work on my Nortons back in the 70s and like Thumperclone, I'm not sure what you mean by a "Conti" can. I had Nortons with both the "Scrambler" pipes and the low reverse cones, but they always got replaced with Dunstall pipes.

However, Lancer (well known poster to this forum) has an " Emgo Dunstall Replica Reverse Cone Muffler" on the second page of the "Market Place" section. I think JC Whitney carries the same muffler, and they also carry a "short reverse cone" that might have the look you're after.

IP Logged
smokin_blue
Serious Thumper

From Cafes to
Streetfighters! I
build them all!

St. Paul, MN
Reply #3 - 11/02/06 at 19:12:15

The Emgo Dunstal style is exactly what I am looking for.  I always thougth they were made by Continental.  

Anyway..that is the style I just refuse to buy anything that is Emgo.  Sorry Lancer just a personal thing I have with their products!

Any other suppliers of that style?  Looking for the 60's style British Cafe look.

WWW   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #4 - 11/03/06 at 02:52:38

No problem, it is just a muffler ... not like you were talking about my wife or grandkids or something.   Grin

IP Logged
azjay
Serious Thumper

aridzona...        
            its a
dry heat

Reply #5 - 11/03/06 at 04:53:05

i dont have any idea what the muffler looks like that you're searching for, but ebay has lots of pictures, and many items can be tracked to a store/vendor.

dyna muff,1/2 spacer,152.5,55,drilled air box,idle mix,spark plug door,harley bars & seat,spitfire windshield,turn signal,dunlops,man.pethingy,ISO pegs,engine cage,hiway pegs,support 81
  IP Logged
Salad_Shaker
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 11/03/06 at 11:34:17

For all things Norton contact Mick Hemmings at

www.applegate.co.uk/company/13/16/777.htm

For repro bits as worn by high-performance Nortons try

www.unityequipe.com

And if  you want a one-off conti-style or indeed any other style then Viking Exhausts in New Zealand supply Colorado Norton Works for their fine Commando rebuilds.  VE's web page seems to be down at the moment.

IP Logged
Salad_Shaker
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 11/03/06 at 12:09:53

Just found out that Viking and other exhausts for old Nortons - if that's the right route to find the style you're looking for - are available in the US through Old Britts in Seattle.

www.oldbritts.com

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 15:42:40

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › need help..conti style muffler

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.