Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Redid the seat lift mod today (Read 13 times)
911radioman
Ex Member

Redid the seat lift mod today
08/07/06 at 14:10:30

The #7 rubber stoppers didn't give enough lift, only about an 1" or less, plus they compressed when you tightened down the bolts so there was additional height lost.

What I did was go to the local hardware store, bought 2 - 3/4" PVC couplers, spray painted black.  The couplers measure 1 3/4" long, bought 2 - 3" long metric bolts to use with them and used 2 fender washers on top of the couplers underneath the plate that the seat tongue goes into to prevent that bracket from bending and going down inside the PVC couplers when tightened.

What I ended up with was a WHOLE 1 3/4" of lift as compared to about 3/4" - 7/8" of lift with the #7 stopper.  The rear attachment points of the seat are a bit difficult to get in place to put the bolts in, but with a bit of muscle they went.

End result -- a MUCH better feel on the tail bone and the legs don't feel quite as cramped. Grin

I ordered some footpegs today to clamp onto the Wingerline bars, so that should provide an additional measure of comfort on longer rides as well.

IP Logged
luken

Mesa, az
Re: Redid the seat lift mod today
Reply #1 - 08/08/06 at 21:38:55

Id like to see a pic of that seat...

Black 02, 55 pilot 155 main, 1/2 spacer, seat mod, sporty muff, air pod.
  IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 08/09/06 at 03:42:45

I'll try to snap a picture of it sometime today.

IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 08/14/06 at 15:45:14

Sorry for the delay in getting updated pics, but here is the redone seat mod using 1 3/4" PVC couplers.  Note there are two fender washers used on top of the couplers, but underneath the seat bracket so as to keep the bracket from collapsing into the PVC coupler.  

The mod is fantastic, as it provides a full 1 3/4" of seat lift.  Way more than the #7 rubber stoppers.

Also note that if you do this, you'll need to use about a 3" long metric bolt to pass through everything and have enough threads to tighten everything down.

IP Logged
theikeman

Live each day as if
it were your last

Gibsonton in South Florida
Reply #4 - 10/31/06 at 22:15:11

very nice job, does it feel better than the rubber plugs mod did?
Thanks
Ike

1996 Just bought it, Maroon, so much to do, so little time ... Future adds: Iridium, dyna muff, air filter mod, fork brace, 1 piece seat, carb mod and more
  IP Logged
Salad_Shaker
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 11/01/06 at 00:10:45

You might like to take a peek at my spring riser seat mod picture tucked in to the end of the Mods for Longer Rides thread.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 13:37:17

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Redid the seat lift mod today

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.