Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Add In Baffles and mini Mufflers for Exhaust Pipes (Read 5 times)
Rockin_John
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

+36° 10' , -95° 48'
Add In Baffles and mini Mufflers for Exhaust Pipes
10/28/06 at 00:24:03

Anyone have experience with the slide in baffles or mini mufflers that can be stuffed into your muffler pipe?

As I posted previously my new turn out muffler is LOUD. Perhaps so loud that I can't live with it as-is, yet I don't want to go back to the Dyna, even though is was a bit better than the huge stock can.

I've been listening to the sound clips on the tech page, and this turn out pipe sounds most like the Screaming Eagle right now, and other than wanting to knock a few decibels of volume off it, I love the big bad tone.

Lancer was kind enough to point out one place that has some 8" internal baffles, and JCW has some 4" baffles, and a couple of 8" internal 'mini mufflers' that might slide into the front of my pipe:

What I'm afraid of though is: I'll spend more money and effort, only to whimp out the sound. But as it is, above about 1500 RPM this pipe is deafening!

Any knowledge or past experience anyone can share on these options would be greatly appreciated!

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Add In Baffles and mini Mufflers for Exhaust P
Reply #1 - 10/28/06 at 06:59:24

Baffles I mentioned earlier from www.jirehcycles.com are part #64-105 for a 1 3/4" ID pipe, page 10-51 in their catalog, and only cost $3.50 each for the 8" baffle.  At that price you could get 3 of them, including shipping for about $15.  Leave one at 8" and cut the others at maybe 3" & 6".  Test the 3 different lengths and see how you like the sounds.  That way you can get the exact sound you want and it is still dirt cheap.

IP Logged
Scottwerty

It's not a Gang!
It's a Club!

Mass
Reply #2 - 10/28/06 at 12:23:13

Ha, I just sent  www.jirehcycles.com an email because there site didn't have any prices then asked about part #64-105 for a 1 3/4" ID pipe. they sent me an email Saying sorry and they had put the price up for that item $3.50 each 8 dollars shipping if your interested. BTW thanks Lancer, for the Web site would have never found them in the clutter of the web. I'm going to us them on two Dyna muffs I got that have had baffles removed. Dyna's are really loud with out baffs

IP Logged
Rockin_John
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

+36° 10' , -95° 48'
Reply #3 - 10/31/06 at 22:10:39

Scottwerty wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
I just sent  www.jirehcycles.com an email because there site didn't have any prices then asked about part #64-105 for a 1 3/4" ID pipe.

Not knowing whether they are saying thier baffles fit 1-3/4" pipe in ID or OD is one thing preventing me from ordering from them. All other pipe sizes I've ever seen from other places (JCW etc...) say their items will fit inside a 1-3/4" OD pipe. That is also confusing, since pipe walls can vary in thickness???

My muffler pipe, where I need to put a baffle, is 1-3/4" OD. Guess it would be best if I email them too, and see what they recommend. Don't think I want one from JCW unless I have to because their baffle is only 4" long. And I think their "mini muffler" might be too restictive.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #4 - 11/01/06 at 03:24:29

The Jireh baffle is made for a 1 3/4" ID pipe.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 15:25:58

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Add In Baffles and mini Mufflers for Exhaust Pipes

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.