Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
I had two scarey moments today... (Read 14 times)
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: I had two scarey moments today...
Reply #30 - 06/23/06 at 20:03:51

Thankfully you are OK, but we sure need to remember the dangers out there.  I have had many close calls, on a bike and while in a car/truck ... or while flying for that matter ... and it is only by the Grace of God that I am still here on this earth and breathing air.   For some reason He still wants me around.  With my brothers unexpected death just 13 days ago, the realities of life were thrust right in my face once again.  It makes one to consider priorities in life.

IP Logged
starmom
Ex Member

Reply #31 - 06/24/06 at 02:39:20

before i got back on the bike yesterday, i had driven with my truck on the same road i dumped my bike and a wave of fear ran thru me as i thought about what could have happened if a car was comming, on the other other hand i also chalk it up to a lesson learned.

yes i have kids 2, daughters 8,l5, and I want to be around for them.  I also remind myself there are LOTS of people that have been ridin motorcycles forever!  and that accidents that kill can happen with cars too....even big suv's.

So all we can do it drive our bikes with the proper gear, sober, and not think we are invincible, but think of ourselves as invisable and slow down if we are not sure of someones actions up ahead and try to be prepared to get out of the way or stop if necessary.

I also carry my talilsmans (bear claw,herkimer diamond, etc) with me wherever I go including on my bike for hopefully luck!  and dont forget the small bell on the bike somewhere to keep those "gremlins away"

sue

IP Logged
steelwolf
Serious Thumper

"I'm a cowboy,
on a steel horse I
ride."

Trinity, NC
Reply #32 - 06/24/06 at 05:27:58

[glow=white,2,300]Invisable, not invincible. [/glow] I like that. Exactly the way you have to think.

I have also heard it put it like this, [glow=white,2,300]"The cagers are not looking at you. They are either looking thru you, or taking aim." [/glow]
How true, how true.

WWW   IP Logged
starmom
Ex Member

Reply #33 - 06/24/06 at 18:47:13

sorry about the crappy spelling, not my forte!

but thanks for agreeing.........

If we are not careful and protect ourselves we would have less nice people to talk to here..

8)

IP Logged
DianeS.

Love my 2000 savage!

Ontario, Canada.
Reply #34 - 06/24/06 at 19:04:01

I am thankful that the previous owner put a jardine muffler on my bike -because people should hear me!!!

Other than that - I try to anticipate not being seen, and I try to keep a distance from other cars when I can.  I ride more rural roads, so there are less cars, but I also have to watch out for more animals, or roadkill.

Ride safe!

Green 2000 Savage purchased in Nov. 2005. Memphis fat windshield, Willie and Max Saddlebags, jardine slash cut muffler, engine case guard, Metzler 880 ME tires, fork brace, and carb re-jetted.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/13/24 at 15:20:07

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › I had two scarey moments today...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.