steelwolf
Serious Thumper

"I'm a cowboy,
on a steel horse I
ride."

Trinity, NC
What a beautifull day
05/29/06 at 19:32:01

Well today while I was off of work and out adding miles to my bike trying hard not to enjoy this beautiful weather too much. I thought to myself..."Self, since every time you bid on a right front foot peg you get out bid. Why not ride the 30+ miles to the stealership and just buy one there and get it over with". So I did. $36.92 later, I now have a new peg bar. The rubber was salvaged from the old peg and the mount was still fine so I used it as well. While I was being robbed I ran into a lady who just had to hear my baby fire up and run. She had an 05 S40 with the stock can and was looking for volume. My 96 was happy to oblidge. After speaking to her for a while, I mentioned the site and invited her to the fold. It was so cool to have another Savage/S40 rider to talk to first hand. I sat on her bike and she on mine, both of us getting a feel for the diffrences in the two. I really liked the S40 seat and she liked mine. Almost considered borrowing a 10mm wrench from the shop and switching them out right there in the lot. But they would have probably wanted 10 bucks just to hold it. I wished her well and drove off into the sunset. Well not really it was 2 in the afternoon. The day ended around 7:30 tonight with a ride home from my daughters softball game bringing the total to a little over 150 leisurely added miles. 86 deg. and not a cloud in the beautiful Carolina blue sky. A perfect Memorial day ride! Grin

WWW   IP Logged
divecop
Ex Member

Re: What a beautifull day
Reply #1 - 05/30/06 at 01:49:47

Thanx for sharing the picture...I printed it for my office...it speaks well of us savage riders... Grin

Glad you had a beautiful day, it rained here in Arkansas so did not ride.  Sunday was gorgeous for us and got in a great ride.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/02/24 at 05:13:28

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › What a beautifull day

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.