Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Carb cleaner (Read 3 times)
Jagndeke
Ex Member

Carb cleaner
05/29/06 at 03:42:14

I wan to run some carb cleaner through my bike. I was going to pick up a can of STP. A couple of questions...

1) Can I use standard, off-the-shelf automotive STP carb cleaner or should I be using something else?

2) How much of a full can of cleaner should I add to a full tank of gas?

Jag

IP Logged
Dynobob
Serious Thumper

2003 LS650 (with
Supertrapp)

Northern Virginia
Re: Carb cleaner
Reply #1 - 05/29/06 at 03:58:59

Yes any carb cleaner designed for automobiles will work. Make sure you add the correct amount. Read the can and it will tell you the amount to add.

I just added some Sea Foam carb cleaner to my other bike. On the can it said average 1 oz. per gallon. I added 3 ounces to 3.7 gallons which is a little light. It did help my carb issues. Sea Foam is good stuff.

IP Logged
GA_Wolf
Ex Member

Re: Carb cleaner
Reply #2 - 05/29/06 at 19:23:45

I had a pair of Yamaha Visions who are known for their very finicky carbs..really clogged with the slightes tamount of gunk.  About every 6th months I ran one small can of berryman's b-12 injector cleaner in a tank of gas.  The injector cleaner seemed to do abetter job in the passages than regular carb cleaner.  Will probably use the same schedule in the S40 too.  The tank is smaller than the Vision, so I'll probably use 1/2 can.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/02/24 at 04:31:12

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Carb cleaner

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.