Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Has anyone switched triple clamps? (Read 0 times)
babbalou
Serious Thumper

Lewisville, Texas
Has anyone switched triple clamps?
05/19/06 at 17:57:39

I'm considering a triple clamp swap out, clamps with much less offset & pinch bolts on the top. That way I could raise the forks, also reduce the trail & wheelbase, all making for a quicker steering bike. They're $100 & up new online so I'll check ebay. I know to look for 38mm for the forks. Looks like I'd need to move the gas tank back some to clear the forks if done. Anyone try this swap & if so, was it worth it? Thanks for any input.

Had an S40 Jul '04-Jan '07
WWW   IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Re: Has anyone switched triple clamps?
Reply #1 - 05/19/06 at 18:06:41

babbalou wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
I'm considering a triple clamp swap out, clamps with much less offset & pinch bolts on the top. That way I could raise the forks, also reduce the trail & wheelbase, all making for a quicker steering bike. They're $100 & up new online so I'll check ebay. I know to look for 38mm for the forks. Looks like I'd need to move the gas tank back some to clear the forks if done. Anyone try this swap & if so, was it worth it? Thanks for any input.

imho, when you start thinking about changing the bikes geometry, you should start thinking about a different bike. the savage is the VW of the motorcycle world, and it has many great facets. along with the great come the not so great that we overlook.  i understand the need to tinker, just look at mine, yet there's a point to say "man this is it".

for me  the mods you suggest is way past that point.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
babbalou
Serious Thumper

Lewisville, Texas
Reply #2 - 05/19/06 at 20:30:58

I think you're right. I've invested a lot of time & money in the bike but at some point I've got to stop, pay it off & just ride. I'll be getting a different bike eventually anyway for the open road & hopefully keep the S40 for in town.

Had an S40 Jul '04-Jan '07
WWW   IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #3 - 05/19/06 at 20:47:16

babbalou wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
I think you're right. I've invested a lot of time & money in the bike but at some point I've got to stop, pay it off & just ride. I'll be getting a different bike eventually anyway for the open road & hopefully keep the S40 for in town.

i've gotten far more pleasure bunring throuh few tanks of fuel, then i've ever gotten addin on accessories.

the only accsssorie a savage truly needs   FUEL

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 02:34:25

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Has anyone switched triple clamps?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.