Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Footpeg Options (Read 11 times)
pbv
Ex Member

Footpeg Options
05/14/06 at 21:51:17

Hello, everyone,

I just got a 06 s40.  I need to replace a footpeg but i had some questions.

1.  Are pre 06 s40/savage ls650 footpegs interchangeable bolt on compatible?

2. If not does anyone make footpegs/floorboards that are interchangeable?

thanks everyone,
Jeff

IP Logged
pbv
Ex Member

Re: Footpeg Options
Reply #1 - 05/15/06 at 12:04:21

Well I think i found some that might work....

http://www.highwayhawk.com/prod-detail.php?prod_id=1946&motortype=0&motor=0&c...

these have the catch at the bolting end that none of the others i can find online have.  Would these work on an 06 s40?

Also does anyone know a website that sells highway hawk items?

Jeff

IP Logged
GA_Wolf
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/15/06 at 12:44:51

I just ordered one from my local dealer.  It is actually 3 pieces..the encap and rod, the rubber tread and the washer on the inboard side of the rubber tread.  $3.99 for the washer, 9.65 for the tread, 33.33 for the rod/endcap.

You can also find the peices on bikebandit.com, are a few cents cheaper.

Oh this is for the stock suzuki parts.

IP Logged
pbv
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/15/06 at 14:05:29

approx 46.97 for 1 footpeg or you can get a set of 2 for 49.95 from metric cruizers if they are compatible with an 06.   Thats why I need to see if they are compatible.

BTW thats the approx price my local shop wants for oem parts as well, thats why I'd rather drop a little more for some customized ones, more bang for your buck.

IP Logged
Paula71
2005 No Login

Ohio Rider 'N Luvn
every minute!

Troy, Ohio
Reply #4 - 05/15/06 at 17:19:27

Those Highway Hawk Comfort pegs are the exact same ones I recently put on my '05.  Got them from MetricCruiser.  They are a direct bolt on to the S40/Savage.    8)

WWW sctsamj sctsamj   IP Logged
LeeRider
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/15/06 at 21:10:12

Highwayhawk.com listed CAO Distributing as the US Importer for Highway Hawk.  

http://www.caodistributing.com/

tel: 847-504-1400

CAO turns out to be located 10 minutes from my house, so I called him to determine which ones were in stock, to be sure I could get them quickly, since I broke my left peg the prior weekend.    CAO doesn't sell direct, BTW, but will give you the name of a local or internet dealer, whatever you like.

I needed front pegs, and the "Classic" version were in stock last week when I got mine.   CAO also gave me the name and number of a local dealer (15 minutes away).

According to the distributor, most dealers (including many of the large internet ones) do not actually stock these items, since Highway Hawk makes so many different versions for different bikes.   It would be impractical and expensive to stock all that stuff.  So, the dealer merely takes the order, passes it electronically to CAO.  CAO then drop ships them from his warehouse in Deerfield, IL to your house.  

Anyhow, I paypal'd the local dealer on Monday, $43 for the pair of front pegs plus shipping.   I also ordered matching rear pegs, which are on backorder from the factory (I was told in advance when I ordered them).   I received my pegs at my house the very next day, Tuesday, for $3.50 actual USPS shipping charge (because I live so close by).  Sweet!

These guys also sell them, if that is more your style.

http://www.classiccruiser.com/

I'd call in advance, to call to see which styles, if any, they have in stock.

IP Logged
pbv
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/16/06 at 15:35:44

If anyone has a front left side footpeg, OEM or otherwise, used or new dosen't matter.  My old footpeg was destroyed and I'd like to save a couple bucks getting it replaced so I can ride again.

I'd be happy with ANY good conditioned footepg, any brand, any style.  I just need "something".

e-mail me:
rogue1 @ cableone.net

Eventually I'll get a nice set. but for right now I just need something.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 03:34:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Footpeg Options

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.