Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Smoke on startup (Read 6 times)
Gordon Pruitt

Smoke on startup
04/27/06 at 18:36:37

Okay, here's my problem...  I pulled the cover off of my Savage after a long winter, rode her once and decided I was going to change the oil and the spark plug.  So, I changed the oil, filter and plug, did nothing else to the bike.  Started the bike up the next day to take her for a spin and about 15 seconds after I started her up she starts puffing out a whittish color smoke (kinda like starting a 2-cycle motor with to much oil in it).  Didn't really smell like oil burning and it quit after i revved the motor a few times.  But the past several times I have started it after setting overnite it does this.  What's the deal??

IP Logged
stock87
Ex Member

Re: Smoke on startup
Reply #1 - 04/27/06 at 18:43:07

Did u have a gas stabilizer in the tank for winter storage?  if not you might wanna drain the tank and put fresh gas in.

IP Logged
Gordon

Reply #2 - 04/27/06 at 18:49:19

Let me clarify "quit after a few revves".  I should have said it quit smoking after a few revves and never smoked again throughout the day until I let it sit over nite and started it again.  Draining the gas and putting fresh in it would probably be a good idea though.

IP Logged
steelwolf
Serious Thumper

"I'm a cowboy,
on a steel horse I
ride."

Trinity, NC
Reply #3 - 04/27/06 at 18:57:54

Yea mine too. Only once first thing in the morning. But only when it's cool out. Condensation from the previous days ride stays in the pipe till started or evaporation occures. Usually condensation will not evaporate at night due to the cool temps and higher humidity levels. Of course this is only a suggestion.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/07/24 at 15:35:16

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Smoke on startup

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.