Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
floor boards (Read 13 times)
Guido
Ex Member

floor boards
04/25/06 at 14:34:26

Has any one here put floor boards on their Savage or S40? I saw some in the J&P catalog (kind of pricey), but there is not a picture of them on the bike. I wonder if they decrease the lean angle?

IP Logged
SeattleSavage
Ex Member

Re: floor boards
Reply #1 - 04/25/06 at 19:53:36

Haven't seen any on a bike yet.

Have you leaned your bike down to the peg yet? I couldn't believe how much angle you can get. I wouldn't think floor boards would be a problem unless your speed racer. My opinion.

Kev

IP Logged
650-rider

Reply #2 - 04/26/06 at 07:15:40

Hello - I have the Highway Hawk footboards installed, but I won't ride with them until this weekend.  I'll get back in touch after that to let you know how they work out.  They installed easily.

IP Logged
SeeAPierce
2005 No Login

California
Reply #3 - 04/26/06 at 08:43:55

650-rider wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
Hello - I have the Highway Hawk footboards installed, but I won't ride with them until this weekend.  I'll get back in touch after that to let you know how they work out.  They installed easily.

Pictures please? Grin

'06 S40 green: sporty muff & 10 degree adapter 155 main jet, 1/2 white spacer, open filter, bar end turn signals
  IP Logged
Guido
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/26/06 at 15:46:26

Yes please, I'd love to see some pictures! The ones fromJ&P are MC Enterprises and are $359!!!!!! Not to be too nosy but were yours less expensive?

IP Logged
Brewbrother
Serious Thumper

Just lending a
helping hand.

Reply #5 - 04/26/06 at 18:05:29

650-rider wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:

I'd enjoy seeing that pic and your review as far as installation and satisfation with the finished product.

Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
No spacer,60 pilot jet, 155 main jet, plug door, sportster muffler, k&n drop in, iridium plug, brake pedal mod,de-badged, Dunlops, bullet turn signals.
  IP Logged
Dragon King

IL
Reply #6 - 04/26/06 at 18:39:08

I would like to see those pics been trying to figure out how to do floor boards myself

I refuse to tiptoe through life...
Only to arrive safely at Death.
  IP Logged
pgolden
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 04/26/06 at 19:45:56

I saw a set of Kury____(the company that make the good grips) switchblade footpegs. They would be kinda like floorboards with the heel rest. You can flip the heel rest out or use them like normal pegs. Do any of you have these?

IP Logged
Guido
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 04/27/06 at 18:44:03

NO. I haven't laid it to the peg. I just wasn't sure how wide the boards were. Couple of guys I work with have V-Star 650's with factory boards that look pretty wide. The book I looked at didn't give dimensions. Bet they would be more comfortable though, especially with a heel toe shifter!!!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/07/24 at 07:21:29

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › floor boards

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.