Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
saddlebags to fit (Read 7 times)
Engine_Outlaw
Ex Member

saddlebags to fit
04/27/06 at 14:39:29

New to this forum, I'm sure this subject has been addressed many times already, but can't seem to find the information I need. Does anyone know where online to get decent(not too expensive) saddlebags to fit my '98. Already have the brackets installed on the bike so bolt on and not too bulky would be best. From what I've read, there are only a few models that will fit the savage.

IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Re: saddlebags to fit
Reply #1 - 04/27/06 at 14:52:08

I am very partial to the Willie and Max saddlebags.  They are synthetic leather, waterproof, reinforced to prevent sag, and they have several different styles to fit your "personality".  The bags are not that expensive and they are warranted for the "lifetime of the biker".

Check them out at www.willieandmax.com.

IP Logged
MISS_SALLY
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/27/06 at 15:58:26

I bought a pair from Jafrum (ebay store) $50. I went on suzuki.com and found the measurements on the S40 bags and matched them up. They are cowhide, throw over style. They fit great look great and Did not require supports.

IP Logged
Brewbrother
Serious Thumper

Just lending a
helping hand.

Reply #3 - 04/27/06 at 17:53:04

Engine_Outlaw wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
New to this forum, I'm sure this subject has been addressed many times already, but can't seem to find the information I need. Does anyone know where online to get decent(not too expensive) saddlebags to fit my '98. Already have the brackets installed on the bike so bolt on and not too bulky would be best. From what I've read, there are only a few models that will fit the savage.

I bought some horse hide non expandable bags for $10 on ebay. They serve their purpose.

Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
No spacer,60 pilot jet, 155 main jet, plug door, sportster muffler, k&n drop in, iridium plug, brake pedal mod,de-badged, Dunlops, bullet turn signals.
  IP Logged
New_Savage
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/27/06 at 18:25:31

I got these on ebay (also by Jaffrim) for $39.90 ($24.95 + $14.95 for shipping)

http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.433673/sc.9/category.31/it.A/id.808/.f

They look better and stronger than they do in the picture, but if the stiff leather or stitching fails, you don't have to be a brain surgeon to fix em.

Plus they are at least 1/5 the price you'll find them elsewhere (except maybe National Leather), so replacing them is still cheap.

IP Logged
jrm8486
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 04/27/06 at 19:58:18

I have these stock bags used for $40 they are nice but need one snap for mounting

Edit: I corrected the YABB code and placed the URL between the start and end image markers but it still doesn't display; at least not for me.

Rob

IP Logged
New_Savage
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/03/06 at 08:04:23

BIG OOOOOOOPS!!!

I guess I should have waited a day or two before posting my previous suggestion of Jaffrim Saddlebags.  See, I'm disabled and don't get out as much as I would like, so I was a bit surprised (and embarrassed) to find my Jaffrim bags were too big for tha Savage.

I wanted the slant-style bags because they look better on the Savage than the square-style. The only slant-style size I've been able to find from the ebay distributors is 14" x 11". Fourteen inches is too much, even if your only going to throw them over the rear seat.

So if anyone has seen smaller Slant-Style Saddlebags for under $100, please let me know. I've only seen them go for between $180 to $240.

Sorry about the bad info.

IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 05/03/06 at 08:35:17

Willie and Max Compact Slant Bags routinely sell for under the price you are saying the others sell for.

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #8 - 05/03/06 at 14:37:09

bought my o6 jan 30th.. ordered saddle bags(boulevard
from suziki)they came in 3 weeks later...i took them back to the dealer last week cause they were tearing where the top meets the back/sides...
DO NOT buy the suzukis>>>>>> Lips Sealed
p.s. $84.00

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #9 - 05/04/06 at 08:22:35

thumperclone wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
bought my o6 jan 30th.. ordered saddle bags(boulevard
from suziki)they came in 3 weeks later...i took them back to the dealer last week cause they were tearing where the top meets the back/sides...
DO NOT buy the suzukis>>>>>> Lips Sealed
p.s. $84.00

Hmm, I've had mine a couple of months now and no problems.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #10 - 05/04/06 at 14:47:45

maybe i just got un lucky!!suzuki is replacing them so
will see how well the second set does...

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #11 - 05/04/06 at 20:12:30

thumperclone wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
maybe i just got un lucky!!suzuki is replacing them so
will see how well the second set does...

Cool.  I hope it was just a bad set and your next is good.  Otherwise it may mean mine are headed that way.  I haven't used them heavily, so maybe that's it but I'm hoping they hold up.  They seem to be heavy duty and well put-together.  I also like the hard backing on them.  The only thing I don't like is the way they open and that may be the point you're talking about.  I did wax them heavily with Nikwax as soon as I received them so maybe that helped.  I'm crossing my fingers for both of us.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #12 - 05/06/06 at 11:31:16

Savage_Rob wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
Cool.  I hope it was just a bad set and your next is good.  Otherwise it may mean mine are headed that way.  I haven't used them heavily, so maybe that's it but I'm hoping they hold up.  They seem to be heavy duty and well put-together.  I also like the hard backing on them.  The only thing I don't like is the way they open and that may be the point you're talking about.  I did wax them heavily with Nikwax as soon as I received them so maybe that helped.  I'm crossing my fingers for both of us.

yes it was the "hinge" point where they tore,, Roll Eyes maybe im tryin to carry too much beer at one time..

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 05:29:29

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › saddlebags to fit

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.