Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bike shopping again... (Read 3 times)
911radioman
Ex Member

Bike shopping again...
05/05/06 at 20:29:25

Stopped in my local Suzuki dealer today while I was enjoying a nice long ride around southern Indiana.  While I was there, I climbed aboard a Boulevard C50.  Wow!!!  That is one sweet bike!

When you sit on it, it feels massive, and it is a pretty big bike size wise.  However, that thing balances like a dream.

Wifey is on board with buying a second bike (never will get rid of my Savage), so now its a matter of putting the finances together and seeing what we can come up with!  Wink  Grin

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Re: Bike shopping again...
Reply #1 - 05/05/06 at 21:56:26

might want to hop on a '06 vulcan 900 if your looking for that type and cc of bike to just compare - but kicker so far as i read

IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/06/06 at 05:13:11

I've read about it, just haven't seen one up close yet.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #3 - 05/06/06 at 05:24:56

My wife likes riding and would go for a second bike if it was big enough for both of us to ride comfortably.  The discs in her lower back make it impossible for her to ride with me on the Savage, but a big cruiser would likely be workable for her.  Something with a cushy seat with backrest, easy going suspension, that sort of thing.
And of course finding the money to do it.

IP Logged
MISS_SALLY
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/06/06 at 06:02:08

Lancer, Is you wife interested in riding her own?

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #5 - 05/06/06 at 14:07:24

Got to ride a C50 during bike week, very nice, lots of power, fuel injected, even came with floor boards. The bike I was riding had the handlebar snake hanging out almost a foot and wouldn't stay in.  Beside that very nice, felt big compared to my savage but they all do

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Savage Librarian
Serious Thumper

One Hoopy Frood

Houston area
Reply #6 - 05/06/06 at 15:33:33

I bought myself a C50 a few months ago, and it's definately been a good buy.  It's definately a lot of bang for the buck, and it'll carry the load of 2 people nicely, for moderate distances at least (never done more than an hour at highway speed riding 2 up with it).

Definately check out the Kaw 900 though!  People seem to be expecting great things from it, and logically so.

You might also check out a Triumph America.  A little more pricey than the C50 is new, but it's definately not a harley clone!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, used-up, worn out, and defiantly shouting 'Geronimo!!!'
xargonthegreat GuitarLOTR   IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 05/06/06 at 17:42:00

The thing that impressed me was how well balanced the C50 was.  It's not a particularly heavy bike, at least I don't think so, but it has considerable mass to it.  I'm wondering how well served I would be with 805cc for the wife and I if we wanted to take an extended ride?

The Savage has plenty of power for the two of us, it just isn't roomy enough for the two of us.  I wind up sitting practically on the tank for her to ride.

IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 05/06/06 at 17:43:03

LANCER wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
Something with a cushy seat with backrest, easy going suspension, that sort of thing.
And of course finding the money to do it.

A Gold Wing maybe?
Grin

IP Logged
Savage Librarian
Serious Thumper

One Hoopy Frood

Houston area
Reply #9 - 05/06/06 at 19:00:48

911radioman wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
The Savage has plenty of power for the two of us, it just isn't roomy enough for the two of us.  I wind up sitting practically on the tank for her to ride.

The C50 will defiantely give you the room you want/need, especially if you splurge on a Mustang seat for it.  The Mustang pillion is the same size as the Savage front seat.  

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, used-up, worn out, and defiantly shouting 'Geronimo!!!'
xargonthegreat GuitarLOTR   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #10 - 05/06/06 at 19:13:56

Not at all.

MISS_SALLY wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
Lancer, Is you wife interested in riding her own?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 04:02:16

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Bike shopping again...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.