Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Engine swap? (Read 10 times)
Bobster
Ex Member

Engine swap?
02/17/06 at 18:57:21

Are there any engine swaps for this bike? A little more power would be nice. I like the looks of the savage but am concerned about the lack of power. Im coming from a powerful sportbike for better ergos and light weight.

IP Logged
babbalou
Serious Thumper

Lewisville, Texas
Re: Engine swap?
Reply #1 - 02/17/06 at 19:17:15

Never tried it myself but from the looks of the frame I'd think a parallel twin or inline four might fit. Probably not a V-Twin 'cause of the rear cylinder. The wider four might have some belt/chain alignment problems.

Had an S40 Jul '04-Jan '07
WWW   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #2 - 02/17/06 at 19:22:34

The Savage is no sportbike, but there is a good bit to be done for performance enhancement.

modify old or get a new performance carb & filter
regrind cam
replace exhaust
new rear shocks
fork brace and heavier oil in forks
remove excess weight

That will take the hp from stock 30 to about 45 and with good torque.  A sport bike will not do the torque thing.

For about $1500 it will run STRONG straight and stable.  
It will not go 140+ mph, but then who in their right mind would want to do that except on a real track?
It will do 105+ mph, and do it well.  That is more than enough for spirited road riding.

IP Logged
Bobster
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 02/17/06 at 19:46:06

LANCER wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:02:
The Savage is no sportbike, but there is a good bit to be done for performance enhancement.

modify old or get a new performance carb & filter
regrind cam
replace exhaust
new rear shocks
fork brace and heavier oil in forks
remove excess weight

That will take the hp from stock 30 to about 45 and with good torque.  A sport bike will not do the torque thing.

For about $1500 it will run STRONG straight and stable.  
It will not go 140+ mph, but then who in their right mind would want to do that except on a real track?
It will do 105+ mph, and do it well.  That is more than enough for spirited road riding.
Yea, ive got an 05 ninja zx10r modded. Its stupid fast, putting down 166.4 sae hp. But ive got a bad shoulder and cant ride it so im selling it. Its time to turn the corner and get a little cruiser type bike. Ive done research on the savage and like the way it looks especially slightly customized. Im looking at one tomorrow. I hope to get some good info from you guys. I will start modding her as soon as i get her. I do all of my own work and enjoy tinkering. Thanks for everyones resonces.

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #4 - 02/17/06 at 22:06:22

if your a wrench then you'll like the savage engine all the more - very easy/simple design - bring it home with you will either help you make it go or help you tear it up Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/28/24 at 20:36:58

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Engine swap?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.