Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Would a backrest look OK on my bike? (Read 3 times)
babbalou
Serious Thumper

Lewisville, Texas
Would a backrest look OK on my bike?
02/15/06 at 19:24:55

Well, after taking my wife to the motorcycle show last year, she's been wanting to ride on the back but she insists on having a backrest. A second bike isn't in the budget for a few years so I'm thinking about putting the rear pegs back on & finding a pillion & backrest someplace. My question is; would it look OK on this bike or not? Here's the pics, last 4, bottom. by "thumperdude". Sorry, I know I posted these last week. Roll Eyes Whaddya think? Bad idea or go for it? Thanks for any input. Another deal is the lack of room for 2. I dunno.
http://www.bikepics.com/suzuki/boulevards40/05/pics.asp?i=483026&s=0

Had an S40 Jul '04-Jan '07
WWW   IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Re: Would a backrest look OK on my bike?
Reply #1 - 02/15/06 at 19:58:08

babbalou wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:02:
Well, after taking my wife to the motorcycle show last year, she's been wanting to ride on the back but she insists on having a backrest. A second bike isn't in the budget for a few years so I'm thinking about putting the rear pegs back on & finding a pillion & backrest someplace. My question is; would it look OK on this bike or not? Here's the pics, last 4, bottom. by "thumperdude". Sorry, I know I posted these last week. Roll Eyes Whaddya think? Bad idea or go for it? Thanks for any input. Another deal is the lack of room for 2. I dunno.
http://www.bikepics.com/suzuki/boulevards40/05/pics.asp?i=483026&s=0

i've got one from my savage, i'll go down to the dealer tommorrow to see if it fits the floor model.  then let ya know.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
mmosel
2005 No Login

My bike is
officially THUMPING
now.

NW Oregon
Reply #2 - 02/15/06 at 23:14:32

Looks like you cut off your 'back' seat. I don't know how good a backrest is going to look or feel without a back seat. Are you going to remedy that?

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #3 - 02/16/06 at 05:58:00

mmosel wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:02:
Looks like you cut off your 'back' seat. I don't know how good a backrest is going to look or feel without a back seat. Are you going to remedy that?

The back seat or passenger seat is the pillion he mentioned.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
mmosel
2005 No Login

My bike is
officially THUMPING
now.

NW Oregon
Reply #4 - 02/16/06 at 15:13:42

Oh, I knew that, I just missed it in his message. Doh!

IP Logged
Hammy211
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 02/16/06 at 21:17:04

It would look like a Savage rather than an S40.  Personally I like the look without, and many people do remove them from the Savage.  But just take a look at most of our bikes, and that will be your result.  I am pretty confident that the brace and sissybar setup from a Savage would be a direct bolt on to a S40.  You can find them sometimes on eBay.  That's where mine went.

IP Logged
babbalou
Serious Thumper

Lewisville, Texas
Reply #6 - 02/17/06 at 16:25:28

Well, with the cold weather that just blew in today, I decided to put the idea on the shelf until April. I'm leaning toward making a one piece, quick-detach backrest/pillion combo with wingnuts & the existing bolt holes. Got some Kurikan ISO grips today & some heavy Emgo round mirrors  to replace my lightweight round ones so the view behind isn't so blurry. I'll put them on & try them this weekend if weather allows.

Had an S40 Jul '04-Jan '07
WWW   IP Logged
mmosel
2005 No Login

My bike is
officially THUMPING
now.

NW Oregon
Reply #7 - 02/18/06 at 00:17:24

I thought about that idea. Making a quick backrest/rack that I could take on and off at will. Would be great for short trips. If you go for it, keep us updated.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/30/24 at 23:56:37

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Would a backrest look OK on my bike?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.