Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Blinker blinker (Read 1 times)
SirWilhelm
Ex Member

Blinker blinker
02/17/06 at 19:10:42

Where is the little blinker that both turn signals use to make them blink on and off. In a car it's under the dash and makes a noise when you turn on the turn signal. I found a little box that make a high pitched beep when 12v is applied across it (blinker reminder). But if I can keep from pulling the seat to find the power cords, I am hoping the actual blinker is in short range of the side of the frame under the seat so that I can reach it and pull it out without taking the seat off. With the mods to the seat it is a b.... to get it back on (too much lift in the middle I think).
Angry
The sound this makes is like a higher pitched keyer side tone (ham radio talk). I took it apart to see if I could slip a potentiometer into the circuit but it is shrink wrapped and glued down around a tiny speaker. Our code practice machines are simple circuits that beep when power is applied (like a cw/morse code key closing 9v or 12v across the circuit). The tone is adjusted with a potentiometer (variable resistance pot). I guess this is a fixed resistor so that the vibration under the seat doesn't cause it to change tones.
I have a horrible time in the day time remembering to turn the signal off. At night I see the blinker light on the tank, but in the daytime....
I'm on the S40 2005 so it is slightly different than the older bikes.

And I didn't see a trip odometer in the 2006. Wish they offered a retro fit in the speedomaeter, as I'd buy one in a heartbeat.
Bill

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Re: Blinker blinker
Reply #1 - 02/17/06 at 19:24:45

the blinker relay is on the right side (starboard) just under the front edge of the tank - it is held in a square black rubber clamp to the frame

IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Reply #2 - 02/17/06 at 19:28:16

What relthing said,

but what is your point?  What do you want to do/change?

IP Logged
SirWilhelm
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 02/18/06 at 03:24:27

Just want to add the noise maker to remind me that signal is on.
Next level up would be the one that vibrates under the seat, or one of the mirror sets that have the turn signal in the mirrors. All just to remind me to turn the blinker off. In the car you have visual and audible reminders, and when you turn the steering wheel so far it shuts off. I don't want to add one of the fancy ones. And if I could get one of the ones we have in cars to work I'd use that. They are water proof and simple.
On the bike leaning thru a corner or watching dandy dork cager trying to get you tends to make you forget the blinky. And then someone tries to turn in front of you... etc. Finding blinker module also finds the wiring, which then lets the noise maker be added to schematic. It's low wattage so shouldn't change output to the signals. And I saw the module when I had the seat off.
But as the wife says I'll keep moding the bike until I have all the extras like in a car.
:-0
Thursday it was 88F and today it's 30F. Darned Texas weather, changes daily.

Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/02/24 at 22:38:19

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Blinker blinker

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.