Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
% Performance Increase w/ Rejetting vs Spacer mod? (Read 50 times)
Odar

Odars ride

Stockholm Sweden
Re: % Performance Increase w/ Rejetting vs Spacer
Reply #15 - 02/12/06 at 23:39:07

This is what I wrote last summer about performance.

Today I had the chance to use a VERICOM VC200 to check howe fast my bike was.
I tryed this one 5 years ago after some mods with the pipe and and rejetted carb, but as some of you know I have made some more mods  today with KN filter and totaly empty pipe, and then had it on a dyno for perfect rejet.
Today I got proof for that everything was perfect.
5 years ago the best time was 5,98 sek, and I was very pleased with that result, but today after 3 runs my best time was 4,51 sec. and 67 meters.
One of my friends tested at the same time his Honda Pan euoropean and he got 3,93 sek. as best time.
One more thing, I had the bike up for high weelies twice and it was only on the trottle not that I left the clutch to fast, not very god times on this runs, only scary, nerly wet my pants, because I didnt think the bike was abel to do this when I was flat on the tank.
Take care Odar in Sweden

No I didnt run the bike 0-100 when it was stock, but I have seen figures like 8,0-8,8 sec.  
Dont know if they are the right numbers.  
But I am verry verry  pleaced with my figures.

I did some runs 0-50 km/h as well.
Best time was 2,07 sec and 14 meters.
Odar

I think this is the answer people want to know if its worth it to spend some bucks on mods.
Odar

Odar
Stockholm Sweden
WWW   IP Logged
Dynobob
Serious Thumper

2003 LS650 (with
Supertrapp)

Northern Virginia
Reply #16 - 02/13/06 at 01:33:13

bikingb wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:02:
Do you still get about a hundred miles to the tank?

Last time I checked I got 52 mpg. Quite respectable.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #17 - 02/13/06 at 07:24:20

Yeah, with MAC muffler, a 55 pilot and a 152.5 main I got about 55 MPG.  Now with the Amal Mk2 carb, I'm getting more like 40 MPG.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #18 - 02/13/06 at 07:27:10

that the carb difference or the throttle hand due to repeated testing

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #19 - 02/13/06 at 07:58:52

I'm sure it's some of both but mostly the carb, I think.  I may need to rejet it though.  I haven't looked around for decent prices on Amal jets yet though.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #20 - 02/13/06 at 08:46:50

Savage_Rob wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:02:
Yeah, with MAC muffler, a 55 pilot and a 152.5 main I got about 55 MPG.  Now with the Amal Mk2 carb, I'm getting more like 40 MPG.

Rob, I get right at 50 mpg when cruising, and maybe 47-48 mpg when riding hard.  I still have the 38mm Amal with the stock jets on my bike.  Why is your milage so low?  Did you get the 36mm or 38mm Amal?

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #21 - 02/13/06 at 09:10:38

if you lay hands on a down size jet it would be interesting - i still have the 38mm in the box ... to many toys not enough time!

lancer do you have any jets for the amals?

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #22 - 02/13/06 at 11:50:04

LANCER wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:02:
Rob, I get right at 50 mpg when cruising, and maybe 47-48 mpg when riding hard.  I still have the 38mm Amal with the stock jets on my bike.  Why is your milage so low?  Did you get the 36mm or 38mm Amal?

It's the 38mm and the only change I've made to it since I got it from you was to add the vacuum port and then tweak the tuning.  It may not be perfectly tuned but it's pretty darned close.  I haven't pulled the jets to see what size they are.  Nor have I looked to see what setting the needle is on though the reference material I've read indicates it's adjustable.

LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #23 - 02/13/06 at 18:36:06

I do not have any jets for the Amal's, but every part possible is available on www.britishonly.com.  I believe the 38mm Amal has a #330 main jet...or maybe the #300, and the needle has 5 slots for tuning.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #24 - 02/17/06 at 14:38:36

Well, the literature says that carb should normally have a 320main jet in it.  I hadn't pulled the carb but I went ahead and ordered a 310 and a 300 earlier this week to play with.  Just this afternoon I pulled the seat and tank and then pulled the cap/spring/slide/needle out of the carb.  The needle does indeed have 5 notches and the clip was set on the next to the lowest/richest.  I raised it one notch to the center position for starters.  I haven't pulled the main jet yet but plan to later this weekend.  LOL, as I was writing this, the jets arrived via UPS.

bikingb
2005 No Login

Love to Ride!

Appleton, WI
Reply #25 - 02/17/06 at 16:36:05

O.K. I ordered a 152.5 main jet today.  Almost ready to do the mod.  Nervous about drilling access to the pilot jet.  There is only one white spacer right?  I asked the guy as the Suzuki dealership today.  Yes, I ordered my Supertrapp from him, about as good as I could find online. O.K. I didn't go on ebay and I know I could have gotten cheaper harley pipes, but, I was nervous about the fit.    

He just gave me two washers and said put them behind the white spacer to lift the needle up.  Does that make sense?  He hadn't heard of sanding the spacer down to half of its size.

Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of that which you really love..... Rumi
http://bikepics.com/pictures/598442
bikingb   IP Logged
Dynobob
Serious Thumper

2003 LS650 (with
Supertrapp)

Northern Virginia
Reply #26 - 02/17/06 at 19:19:45

I'm using 157.5 jet with a Supertrapp. Most others here are too.

On the plug over the slow mixture screw - drill ever so slowly. Use a very light touch just before you go through the plug.

FYI I had to take some metal off the end of the header pipe so the Supertrapp mounting bolt would line up. Once I did that it fit super. I put Permatex high temp silicone on the junction.

Either your mechanic is wrong or you misunderstood him. You want to reduce the spacer, not add to it. Either sand down the original spacer to 1/2 its thickness or use washers equal to 1/2 the thickness of the white spacer in place of it. And yes only one white spacer. There are nice pics in the Tech Documents area here.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/28/24 at 20:53:43

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › % Performance Increase w/ Rejetting vs Spacer mod?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.