Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
carb help (Read 0 times)
dichotomous
Ex Member

carb help
02/10/06 at 10:00:01

I've searched and searched and I cant seem to find anything here that actually describes what i should do to improve my carb, all I seem to find are threads saying look for the carb thread, which is kinda frustrating, anyone got a link or know of the thread name?  cause I am not getting anything usefull.
and are there any other small or free fixes that can be done to improve the handling and power and reliability and all that fun stuff for the bike?  and should I use thicker fork oil because I am slightly larger than average or does the damping have a good range?

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: carb help
Reply #1 - 02/10/06 at 11:02:46

In the Tech section try:
Carb Specs.
Carburetors 101
Mikuni / Dynojet jet size comparison

Otherwise, you need to search on white spacer and rejet.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #2 - 02/10/06 at 15:30:50

If you are a bit larger than lifesized then raising the front of the seat is a must for comfort. Other performance mods should be rejetting to a 152.5 main jet and aftermarket exhaust. Do a search on the white spacer mod to help the midrange. Beside that just make sure the engine has oil in it and have fun.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Dynobob
Serious Thumper

2003 LS650 (with
Supertrapp)

Northern Virginia
Reply #3 - 02/10/06 at 18:28:34

When you search for white spacer and rejet, you need to increase "Max Age Since Last Post" to 2 (720 days) or 3 years (1080 days) or maybe more. All the really good info was on the board quite a while ago.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 05:31:13

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › carb help

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.