Power pill (Read 14 times)
Bugscraper
2004 No Login

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Power pill
Reply #15 - 01/30/06 at 23:34:22

Savage_Rob wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:01:
Hmm, I thought fuel stabilizers were to keep your pushwater from turning into smelly jelly when left for extended periods.

Depends on the specific product.

Most aren't good for your engine because they contain alcohol or chlorene, and make it run too hot.  Of course, if it's just for winterization, negative effects are minimal.  

Some are specialized, and just do a couple things.  Some are multi-purpose, but don't do many things well.
TRC's DZ-Lene is multi-purpose, and does all things well (all the things the power pill is supposed to do) because it's a very high-quality, superior product.  The company has a long, positive history with trucking companies, industry, etc.

I sent a sample to a land speed racer (Sportster); and, he also reported positive results.  Said there was much less top end wear than usual -- and, this, of course, was under extreme conditions.  So, you can imagine how good it would be for regular use.

The same kind of comparison can be made with lubricants.  Contrary to popular belief, there are very few high-quality lubes out there.  It all starts with the oil base.  Almost all bases are "brightstock" which contains a high degree of contaminants.  TRC uses only "neutral" base, which contains only about 1 or 2% of contaminants (which is as clean as you can get).  This is 1 reason (along with the additives) the LSR guy's top end was in such good shape after his run.

I'll probly be getting my Savage this summer, and will be using TRC products exclusively (except for the engine oil -- I don't think they make 1 without non-friction additives; and of course, we can't use it because of the clutch).  Their additives do work, though.

I'm not a wrench; but, I do know a little about lubes, stabilizers, etc.

IP Logged
barb36jack31
2005 No Login

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Heathrow, FL
Reply #16 - 02/05/06 at 17:49:17

Back in the 1930's when I was a young boy there was a product called "Magic Gas" which was a red powder you poured in the gas tank.  It was a complete hoax, but my uncle sold it at a great rate.  This was in the middle of the Great Depression and gas was .15 cents per gallon.

Jack H.

05 S40 , air needle adjustment, white spacer, 152.5 main jet, K&N filter, SuperTrapp muffler, Progressive shocks , sissy bar off
  IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #17 - 02/05/06 at 19:37:11

what was it claimed to do ?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2