Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Muffler (Read 3 times)
jrm8486
Ex Member

New Muffler
01/08/06 at 17:28:16

Just put a sportster muffler on my girlfriends 2002, I was surprised that it wasn't louder but she is very happy, Haven't done any carb stuff yet but she called and said it was much faster on the highway than before she said she was going about  65MPH and hit the gas and it took off! I also took the plastic door off the air box and didn't tell her.Now I need to find out what size cone filter will fit it. Anyone know?

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Re: New Muffler
Reply #1 - 01/08/06 at 17:33:55

man you need to re-jet/carb tune! - 152.5 or 155 should bout do it with the door off - soon

IP Logged
SAMM
Serious Thumper

No lay down crotch
rocket for me

Portland Oregon
Reply #2 - 01/08/06 at 17:44:39

I just bought a K&N pod filter ( cone filter) and put on my Savage Its a R1260  I paid $25 for mine  Fits perfectly!!  Any K&N dealer can order it for you...

My Bike My Mistress ( so my wife calls her )
  IP Logged
jrm8486
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 01/08/06 at 18:09:22

Will the wonderful people at my local Suzuki dealer know what I'm talking about when I ask them for a 155 jet?

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #4 - 01/08/06 at 18:52:06

doubt that they'll have it - but ask for the large round mikuni 152.5 and 155 - your sea level or there abouts in the heat right? - I bet the 155 is spot on with the air door off and the 152.5 with it on  

the HD dealer is more likely to have them

IP Logged
jrm8486
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 01/08/06 at 19:07:48

Thanks, Its a shame when you have to go to HD dealer because Suzuki counter "kids" look at you like your crazy when you ask for info of parts.

IP Logged
Jim_R
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 01/08/06 at 19:19:39

I got a 60 mm air sock filter (like a pod) but it fits the carb without the boot.  I bypassed the entire airbox!
It was 14.99 with like 5 shipping.   Now I plan on using my airbox for some kind of storage.

Check out Lancers products for Savages on http://stores.ebay.com/SAVAGE-PERFORMANCE

shameless plug

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #7 - 01/08/06 at 19:36:09

Jim_R wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:01:
I got a 60 mm air sock filter (like a pod) but it fits the carb without the boot.  I bypassed the entire airbox!
It was 14.99 with like 5 shipping.   Now I plan on using my airbox for some kind of storage.

Check out Lancers products for Savages on http://stores.ebay.com/SAVAGE-PERFORMANCE

shameless plug

that sounds like a great solution, more info please.

with my bobber i'm always looking for some exta storage space.  ya know a place where  5-0 will never check out.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Jim_R
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 01/09/06 at 04:29:07

ok its a 60mm air sock.  I took the rubber boot off the carb and mounted it directly to the intake part of the carb.  It actually fits in the recess of the top of the battery box.

Now I still use my airbox to have mounts for the side covers but the airbox is empty.  I am almost half tempted to put a hinge on the door side with a spring and make it a little secret door.  But it would have to be pretty strong so when u take a left corner stuff doesnt roll out of it haha.  I cant seems to find it on ebaymotors tho.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 11:07:54

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New Muffler

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.