Today's pictures (Read 9 times)
Chench53
2004 No Login

"Special
Ed" rocks!

Suffolk VA, formerly NYC NY
Re: Today's pictures
Reply #15 - 01/08/06 at 04:53:56

grapefruit, that is really nice looking! What year is your bike? I like the color, red is my favorite and yours is a great color. I can see the metallic flecks in the paint. Is that original color, or have you repainted previously also?

The low sissybar looks really nice. I think it finishes off the pillion seat very well, rather than no sissybar.

And your saddlebag supports come off differently than the standard ones I got from Suzuki. One is off the chrome, the other off the fender it looks like. Did you make those too, or buy? What type of bags will you be adding?

And last, the bars are nice too. I have the stock 2002 bars on mine. Yours are straight, but don't look quite as straight as the new drag bars on Suzuki changed to, and I like them very much too. Also like the round mirrors.

Gerry

IP Logged
grapefruit
Ex Member

Re: Today's pictures
Reply #16 - 01/08/06 at 13:37:22

Thank You  Chench53, thank You all for Your opinion.

This is '95 Savage (only 6500 km on it in this moment), the color is original and it is metallic.

I bought this saddlebag supports in Berlin Germany http://www.louis.de/ , I didn't know it will be looks like this (one tip is on the chrome, the other tip is on the fender). I'm not very happy with it, I'd like both ends on the fender beneath the chrome, but...at least I can mount a fatter rear tire without any problems unlike the original suzuki saddlebag support.

I don't have any bags yet, I've been thinking about something simple, made of natural leather, without this all metall stuff, fringe, etc., but big enough to accomodate jacket, rain clothing and of course a few poppers  Wink

Yes, the bars I like most, the bike looks seriously with them, and they are very very comfortable. I am 180cm (about 5'11 i think) and previous bars weren't much comfortable to me.

I am thinking about forward controls also, unfortunately original, falcon for example are very expencive, and these homemade what I found in technical corner here are ugly  Grin I found one guy, and he can cut any kind of metall (aluminium, stainless steel etc) by laser. All I have to do is to design my own forward controls, send project to him and wait.

Unfortunately I don't have screaming eagle muffler  Sad  I was bidding one on auction and I've lost...so I am still looking for something louder. I know people on this forum have mufflers for sale (jardine I found for example) but there is thousands of miles between us, so i have to look near me.

regards from Poland  Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 07:04:24

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Today's pictures

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.