Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Hard Bags for the Savage? (Read 44 times)
s40-Rob
Ex Member

Re: Hard Bags for the Savage?
Reply #15 - 01/01/06 at 17:21:59

Thanks for the info.

IP Logged
deebeeriz bitter

Reply #16 - 01/13/06 at 00:30:00

i have just fitted givi bags to my savage. i used a  universal fitting kit e21 cruiser bags. i had to drill one hole in the side rail each side. the fitting kit came with indicators, as i had to remove mine. i would have mounted it differently with hindsite.i would have used the bolt from inside the guard that holds the sissy bar to go right through to the givi bracket. by drilling out the side rail and using a spacer the same size as the sissy bar inbetween. i get lots of looks because they do look good. have yet to install a top box

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #17 - 01/13/06 at 06:12:38

deebeeriz bitter wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:01:
i have just fitted givi bags to my savage. i used a  universal fitting kit e21 cruiser bags. i had to drill one hole in the side rail each side. the fitting kit came with indicators, as i had to remove mine. i would have mounted it differently with hindsite.i would have used the bolt from inside the guard that holds the sissy bar to go right through to the givi bracket. by drilling out the side rail and using a spacer the same size as the sissy bar inbetween. i get lots of looks because they do look good. have yet to install a top box

Pictures please!

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
simplyput2600
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 01/13/06 at 07:21:40

you can get ammo cans at www.cheaperthandirt.com they also have a store location in Ft Worth, TX on loop 820 and 35W.  any how Savage_Rob i noticed the Mount Vernon, TX post office in the background, i hail from Denton, TX. Any how here is another question how did you put the lock on the ammo can did you have to fabricate that?

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #19 - 01/13/06 at 09:25:09

simplyput2600 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:01:
you can get ammo cans at www.cheaperthandirt.com they also have a store location in Ft Worth, TX on loop 820 and 35W.  any how Savage_Rob i noticed the Mount Vernon, TX post office in the background, i hail from Denton, TX. Any how here is another question how did you put the lock on the ammo can did you have to fabricate that?

Ammo cans are available from a lot of surplus places.  One of them also markets these little beauties.  Nice in its simplicity and utility.  The lock is cheesy so I picked up a Master Lock at Home Depot for it.  You could fabricate it but it's cheap already made.  Oh, the Mt. Vernon pics are from a Ride to the Mountain day we had a few months back.  The guys in WA decided to ride to Mt. St. Helens and the rest of us picked a mount or mountain near us... whether that was Mt. Vernon, TX or Mt. Sinai Hospital and we all went on the same day.  You can find the pics folks posted if you search back.  I live in Garland, just east of Dallas.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 21:45:20

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Hard Bags for the Savage?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.