Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
I am new (Read 0 times)
genie
Ex Member

I am new
12/08/05 at 03:50:04

First, hi all!
I am Mira and I am 25. My english is not very good, so excuse me if i make many mistakes.
So, i don't know almost nothing about motorcycles, but i realy want to learn. The reazon that I registered here is that i am going to buy a motorcycle and I liked Suzuki Savage for now. But, as I mentioned earlier i don't know anything, so i'd be grateful for any useful information for beginners  ???

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Re: I am new
Reply #1 - 12/08/05 at 04:06:03

Welcome aboard. The Savage/LS650 is famous as a beginner bike. The low weight, low seat height, and compared to other bikes - low maintainence, as well as the low price, all bring it together for new riders. With a few simple changes it can also make a great long term bike many of us believe - me I have put over 10,000 miles on a 1995 model since april of this year.

It's down side is it's size if you a tall person - over 6ft tall people can feel it's to small and it really is best as a solo person bike - if you planned to carry a passenger very often I'd look for a larger bike.

Some of the details might be:

It's weight - it only weights 352lbs - most other bikes are at least 100lbs more than this - this is really important when your going slow or need to pick it up from the ground.

It's seat height - this under 28inches maybe 26inches I have forgotten - this also is important as it let's you get both feet on the ground for better balance when you stop.

Belt Drive - this get's rid of the mess trying to keep a chained oiled and worry about it.

IP Logged
genie
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 12/08/05 at 04:52:08

Thanks! It's great that i've got quick answer. Well, I am anything else, but not a tall person  Smiley, so it sounds to be realy appropriate for me. I want to learn more about this motorcycle. I am reading some technical data about it, but it is realy difficult, becouse of the terminology. If you know sites, which are something like "Suzuki Savage for Dummies"  Smiley, please post the addresses. Thanks again. I hope that soon I will know enough to ask more concrete questions  Smiley

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #3 - 12/08/05 at 04:58:49

I wouldn't get too wrapped up in the details - are you looking at a used bike or a new one?

IP Logged
genie
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 12/08/05 at 05:09:36

i am looking for a used one. I even think that i have found it. But i would like to know more about it, before i buy it. Besides, it is intersting for me. That's why I am trying to learn more.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #5 - 12/08/05 at 05:23:49

Welcome Genie, this is the best forum on the internet...and not just for the Savage.  There are a lot of really good people  here, and they will help anyone with any whatever you may need.

The Savage is a great all around bike.  It is a good bike for beginners to start with as Reelthing described, as well as a long term riding motorcycle for one person...I have to agree that it is not a very good 2 person machine except for short rides.  For 2 person touring a bigger bike is needed.  I have a '96 model Savage and have modified it to fit my needs.  I have made changes to the engine to increase power and responsiveness, and changed the suspension to get a more comfortable ride with better control.

The Savage is capable of very good performance and is a lot of fun to ride.  It is easy to take care of and is very inexpensive to maintain  I would encourage you to get a Suzuki Savage...you will not be disappointed.  

I have been riding motorcycles for 40 years and the Savage is probable the best all around street bike I have ridden.

Have a wonderful day.

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #6 - 12/08/05 at 05:29:46

If you have the chance go sit on a savage and see how it fits you - easy to reach the controls and all that.

oh technical details are fun - and this is one of the easiest motorcycles to work on because of the simple design of the engine. You can change the front brake pads in about 15 mins if you stop to drink a beer

IP Logged
slavy
Serious Thumper

smart cars for
stupid people

Phoenix, Arizona
Reply #7 - 12/08/05 at 06:44:36

Hey, You came to the right place.
Ask and Yow shall receive. Any questions - ask.
Welcome !

The arificial intelligence is no match for the natural stupidity
  IP Logged
BS37066
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 12/08/05 at 07:01:14

This is a great site for Savage information.

You will want to get your hands of a book by Keith Code, A Twist of the Wrist II.  A must for learning to ride.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/books/twist2.htm

I don't know where your located, but here in the states you can take a motorcycle riding class from the Motorcycle Safety Foundation.  Highly recommended.

http://www.msf-usa.org/  

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #9 - 12/08/05 at 12:23:35

Welcome to the site!

I see you've indicated your're in Bulgaria.  Some of our European brethren may be able to assist you better with possible places to purchase slightly closer than our suggestions in the US... or some alternative language sites that may be easier to understand, though your English sounds pretty good to me.  I know we have folks in the Netherlands and Italy.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
mmosel
2005 No Login

My bike is
officially THUMPING
now.

NW Oregon
Reply #10 - 12/08/05 at 14:42:41

Hi Mira! Welcome!

I'm a newbie myself and I couldn't be more happy with my LS650/S40. Great size, agility and power.

Good luck!

IP Logged
jimbrough
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 12/08/05 at 15:28:47

Mira:  Hi and welcome to the site!  I just got back into biking after a 25 year hiatus and sorta fell into a deal with the savage - didn't really know anything about it.  Turns out it was one of the best purchases I've ever made - seems really strong and when something does go wrong, it is easy to fix--my advice to you is get the bike and then get some auto sol because you will want to shine her up a lot!!  Good Luck!

Cheesy

IP Logged
Dynobob
Serious Thumper

2003 LS650 (with
Supertrapp)

Northern Virginia
Reply #12 - 12/08/05 at 18:21:12

Hi Mira. The Savage 650 is the perfect beginners bike if you're not too tall  Wink Go for it...you won't regret it. As for Savages for Dummies, you've come to the right place. The people here are very helpful and knowlegable and can answer any of your Savage questions or questions about motorcycling in general. Your English is excellent  Smiley

IP Logged
genie
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 12/09/05 at 02:01:56

I don't know if you can imagine how I am feeling right now. I mean that you are so...hospitable and friendly, which makes me feel real good. Thank you. Besides, now I am much more enthusiastic than yesterday, which is your falt  Wink. So thanks again. I will be here and I will study  Smiley

IP Logged
jimbrough
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 12/09/05 at 03:15:49

Have fun, Mira.  Another great way to pump that interest is to go to a bike show - any around you?  They really are a tremendous amount of fun and you sure learn a lot in 4 hours or so!

Take care.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 07:19:13

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › I am new

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.