Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Saddlebag Brackets (Read 11 times)
miepower
Ex Member

Saddlebag Brackets
12/05/05 at 20:52:38

Does anyone knows how to DIY the brackets ? woud appreciate if anyone could share their experience. Heard that we can use the coat hanger for the job, how to then?

cheers

IP Logged
ethan
Ex Member

Re: Saddlebag Brackets
Reply #1 - 12/06/05 at 09:02:53

I did this with just using some wire with a decent thickness. I got the idea from someone here who posted about the hangers as well.

I just connected it to the fender side molding and shaped it like the saddle bag brackets. I actually ran a couple layers in order to feel safer.

It has worked great so far. The only bummer is that I did not connect my saddle bags to the make shift bracket and when the wind hits it just right it picks up the bag and it flops around. I need to fix that.

IP Logged
BS37066
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 12/06/05 at 17:24:52

I have the actual Suzuki hangers.  I was riding the other day in gusty conditions and the saddlebag came up and started taping me just below the ribcage while I was riding down the highway.    Shocked

Needless to say, I immediately pulled over and tied the saddlebags to the hangers. Roll Eyes

IP Logged
miepower
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 12/06/05 at 22:43:50

would anyone be kind enough to take some pic of the hanger brackets as im still wondering how you go about fixing it to the bike.

appreciate that & many thanks again..cheers

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #4 - 12/07/05 at 02:26:22

miepower ... I have some D.I.Y. bag brackets on my Bike ... easy to make and they look great ... used the measurements from the 'zuki brackets that a pal e-mailed me ... have the jpg with the measurements somewhere ... if I find 'em, I'll post 'em up!
Heavy guage coat hanger wire works great.
Good luck!

Here they are!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
miepower
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 12/07/05 at 07:25:36

Greattttt... looks good to me...will do it this weekend then... coat hanger or not, it looks fine man...as long as it serve the purpose yaa?

thanks again mate... Grin

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #6 - 12/07/05 at 07:37:08

I rattle-caned mine with a coat of primer then 2 coats of flat black ... for times I ride without the saddlebags (which is 95% of the time) you can hardly see the brackets on the brackets on the Bike!
Good luck fabricating ... it might take a little trial and error to get 'em to fit, but it isn't a big deal ...

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 04:10:58

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Saddlebag Brackets

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.