Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
darn dog ate my backpack (Read 4 times)
chriss

darn dog ate my backpack
10/22/05 at 03:47:04

Yesterday, after charging my battery,I decided to go for a short ride.  Half way down the road in front of our house, I pulled over to get my gloves out of my backpack.  Just as I  was getting ready to mount and take off again,  I saw coming at me about 100 yds back, my neighbors 2 huge rottweilers that were supposed to be locked up, on a dead run for me. No problem.! I have time to start and get away before they get too close!  $$%%## bike wont start! Just sits there cranking over.  I turned and they were close enough I could see  the same look I get when free food is offered. I was pushing choke in and out, and cranking and cussing and  just when my life started to flash in front of me, the darn thing kicked over and I hit full throttle in 5th gear...so there I am sitting stalled out again.  Crank it over and it starts and im gone, but not before one dog frantically trying to rip me to shreds grabs ahold of the rear fender. I turned around and it was like a scene from the movie Jaws. I have 2 deep teeth  scratches in my almost flaw less paint job now, but im alive.  At least til I have to go home again.  Was going to call the farmer and raise hell, when I realized I left my backback on the side of the road with my cell phone, two ham sandwiches  and my new Konika 35 mm digital camera.  Rode to a gas station and called my brother to go get my backpack, and he called back and said he saw the dog go over the rise in the farmers field dragging my pack behind him.  Not being particulary close to my brother, I told him to hurry and go get it before they damaged it. Not being particularly close to me either, he told me not to worry about the ride home, they were probably already full after eating my backpack. That was yesterday, and I still have no backpack! Now, is that a horror story or what!?

IP Logged
jbrough7
Ex Member

Re: darn dog ate my backpack
Reply #1 - 10/22/05 at 04:00:48

Great story!  I laughed till I just about cried.  I've had some run-ins with big german shepherds appearing suddenly at the end of a drive and making like they want to rip the bike apart piece by piece....but nothing as bad as your story.

I wonder if you called your cell phone #, would it ring inside the dog's gut?

IP Logged
torque
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

2008 nightster,flat
od green and black

rock hill,S.C.
Reply #2 - 10/22/05 at 06:26:55

thats why i always leave the bike running when i get off too check something, or look at the scenery.just like the time i turned off the bike,miles and miles from anything,to putt a warmer jacket on,then i sat looking out over the mountains for half an hour.then when i came back to the bike i saw the keys in it,wouldnt start,so i push started it down the hill and it ran perfect all the way home.but thats why i leave the bike running now,it makes u hurry up with what your doing,because i cant ignore the sound of ole thumper Grin

IP Logged
Conway
2005 No Login

Reply #3 - 10/22/05 at 09:16:28

Good thing it was you and not me, my neighbor would have had 2 dead dogs with "lead poisioning"... laws are different here in AZ...

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #4 - 10/22/05 at 14:43:28

bummer dude
i had a 130 lb black lab that used i say used to chase me.

the monday before christmas last year i hit it with thumper,  it was ugly i went down dog died.

dogs love to chase thing.  my little t.c. acutally caught a cage last sunday.  he's in doggy heaven now.  

so
chasing things good
catching things  bad.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
jbrough7
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 10/22/05 at 15:48:20

I used to have border collie in the burbs and whenever he got out he tried to ROUND UP cars, i guess cuz he couldn't find any sheep.  He finally caught one chevy truck but the truck won out.  50 stitches later, he didn't feel like going after cars anymore.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/20/24 at 14:20:27

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › darn dog ate my backpack

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.