Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
How's your back? (Read 4 times)
OldWizard
Ex Member

Re: How's your back?
Reply #15 - 10/23/05 at 19:34:27

I read these posts with a lot of interest. I just finished a brief ride of about 140 miles divided into eight stops because riding caused my back to ache. I am older than most of you who posted, I am 54. I have a 2001 Savage and have done no modifications but am looking at changing the seat in some method to avoid pain. Am I correct in my reading that you guys have changed nothing but are experiencing less pain? If so, I am envious.

As for excercising, I try to go to the Y two to three times per week and ride a bicycle when I can. Do you think the Wal-Mart back brace makes the primary difference?

The reason I am asking is that if I can not resolve the problem, I'm going to have to sell my Savage. I had planned on using it as a year-round commuter to work.
Thanks.

IP Logged
jbrough7
Ex Member

Re: How's your back?
Reply #16 - 10/24/05 at 02:37:17

I'm really tall and I have left my bike stock till recently.  My back always felt BETTER after riding and I've put on 10000 k. in the last 8 months. I've tried those back support thingies (even one of the $100 magnetic ones) when I was riding in a cage but they never did anything for me.  I have to give up my bike soon for the winter months (can't ride here until March or so) so it will be interesting to see if the back pain returns after a short commute.  Best of luck with your troubles.  I wouldn't wish that stuff on my worst enemy... Sad

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/20/24 at 14:19:58

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › How's your back?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.