Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Simplyfied Wiring Diagram? (Read 7 times)
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Simplyfied Wiring Diagram?
10/11/05 at 06:19:54

A few  years ago when I first found this site I read a post from someone who said they had a wiring diagram that they had designed which simplyfied the wiring harness on the Savage.  Whoever that was, I would appreciated your help in getting that wiring info.
Thanks

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Re: Simplyfied Wiring Diagram?
Reply #1 - 10/11/05 at 15:43:50

Here's a site I book marked last year. Looks like it covers a lot.  http://www.btinternet.com/~jhpart/bkwirec.htm
Hope it helps

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Kropatchek
Serious Thumper

Why more than 1
cylinder?

Alphen a/d Rijn  Netherlands
Reply #2 - 10/14/05 at 02:45:11

LANCER wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
A few  years ago when I first found this site I read a post from someone who said they had a wiring diagram that they had designed which simplyfied the wiring harness on the Savage.  Whoever that was, I would appreciated your help in getting that wiring info.
Thanks

Found one:
http://www.ls650.de
US schaltplan, USA plan.
From Wolfgang.
It's a PDF file and the remark is that the colors in the drawing are NOT the same as on the Bike.
I remember another schematic so I keep looking for that.

Greetz
Kropatchek Grin

Never ask your bike to scream before her throat is warm.
'93 Sav in '96 ( yellow) looks
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #3 - 10/14/05 at 07:26:36

Thank you for your help.

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #4 - 10/14/05 at 08:35:42

If you intend to simplify your harness, plan on a real detailed job.   The harness is full of factory splices, so if you think the schematic is complex, wait until you unwrap it.

What you see in this photo is how my harness became after I finished, but to get there took about 40 hours (part time) which involved a lot of soldering and heat shrink tubing.  In the end, I'm proud to say everything worked.

Basically all of the "cluster" under the seat, was moved to the loop shown at the red arrow.  And I found that most of that mess is an interconnection of "switched ground" leads (strange, but true) that go from the ignition switch, ignition module, kill switch, tail light (for park) and the decompression module....oh, and let's not forget all the safety interlocks

The harness shown at the blue arrow is where the starter relay, ignition switch, alternator wiring, rear lights, and the nuetral switch needed to be routed (after relocating the regulator/rectifier).

The green arrow is where I moved the fuse holder.  It now shares the mount with the ignition coil.

So all in all, the schematic ain't nearly as complex as you may think, and once you are familiar with the wire colors it gets easier.

....just a warning and best wishes if you are "going in"  Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/11/24 at 03:38:56

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Simplyfied Wiring Diagram?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.